Leatherwork..it,s Pouches again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
The ones on the left would look great hanging off my belt when i wear my kilt. just the right size to hang at the side in addition to my sporran.
If they are not up to scratch then send them to me and i will help "AHEM;) " dispose of them :D

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Wotcher Firebreather.
Well heres one I,ve done this morning.

fancy_pouch.jpg

It's by no means finished yet; it needs proper fettling and more hotwaxing.
I,ve been fiddling around, amusing myself with this Oak leaf motif/fastener thingy.

Why not get tore-in, yersel'...it just needs a few practise shots; Blimey, if I can do it, then anyone can.........but its purely for pastime and a damn good excuse to avoid re-erecting my fence.

My daughter saw this one, in its two-tone finish and straightaway started with the smoothtalk for a larger scaled one, as a (another!!!!!!!) shoulder bag.

But I got a question for our artist, Eric (love the drawings, Eric)..

Its about hot waxing, again. It would be, wouldn't it

I,ve been making a sort of Baldric and gave it a coat of bubbling hot wax, by whisshing it through a tin of wax.
Once semi-dry, I was removing the excess wax with a butterknife and I got this eye searing , hi-gloss finish appearing on the leather.......have you experienced this?

Ceeg

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Looks great. SWMBO is the creative one in our family I am more of a professional appreciater and user :D of crafts. I wish I had more time to learn stuff but the list of things too learn is already too long, banjo,more fire stuff, carving etc etc.:lmao: One day I will get round to it.
Greg

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I did get around to making a Baldric for my largest pouch, but I baulked at the idea of having to rip the back off the pouch in order to get access; to replace the loops with D rings; then restitch the rear panel.......too much faffing about.

So, I ftted D-rings to the ends of the 'Ric, and passed the existing beltloops up through the D-rings.
Then made up a toggle to take the strain. Where would we be , without toggles?.

baldric.jpg

For tyers, its just a manrope knot at each end, and a Matt Walker in the centre, made in electrical flex.

Oh, and I got to find out how to use the camera "macro" button:D

Ceeg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Cool Ceeg - any chance of a tutorial on how you tie the toggle (esp. now you have found the macro setting ;) )

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Right, well that,s two:lmao:
but, Graham, just assuming its the knots that you arewanting...then I will give it a whirl but, I need to pick your brains.

(Q) How could I best compose the whole thing, off forum, and fiddle with the wording until it is presentable......and only then, post the whole thing up, in a one-r ?

Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE