leather sheath for falkniven F1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was commissioned by a member on bb to make him one of my multi Carry's, he wanted it to be black,black stitching, and to accommodate a dc3 sharpening stone.
now he also wanted it so that it could be carried in the small of his back, this system can do that any way, but if you are right handed, and want to carry it in the Small of your back you would have to draw the knife upside down, not a problem, but it started to get to me a bit, as i like things to be perfect, and i wanted him to be able to draw the knife the right way around, and when he wants to carry it on his pack the right way around, as this is a multi carry system i wanted to make well and truly multi carry, so i sat there for ages thinking how could i do this, so of i went to the drawing board, and came up with this, what i have done, instead of attaching one side of the retainer strap, permanently, i put poppers on bothy sides, that way you can draw from any way you would like, and the knife will be the right way up, this means it accommodates Lefty's and rights's now, it still has the elasticated retention.
hope you like it.

my multi carry system for falkniven F1. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

012 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

011 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

016 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

wildranger

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2011
Ireland
Well made sheath, excellent handywork. However, far too heavy/bulky/cumbersome/impractical for my tastes. Then again, the original sheath for the fallkniven F1 is very robust and bulky. I feel that the simpler the sheath, the better!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Well made sheath, excellent handywork. However, far too heavy/bulky/cumbersome/impractical for my tastes. Then again, the original sheath for the fallkniven F1 is very robust and bulky. I feel that the simpler the sheath, the better!
its no where near as heavy as it looks bud, for my customers that have had these they will tell you the same, one of the mods on here also handled one of these sheaths when she came to visit us, and she was suprised how light it was to.
if you look through the posts i weighed it for some one, but can't remeber what the weight was.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
when you say impractical, in what way bud?
as most people carry a fire steel any way, and a form of a sharpener, so you carry that weight, why not have it in one place and to hand, if you fall down a bank its there, ready.
you can carry this vertical, horizontal, upside down, baldric, you can take the hole lot apart, and just be left with the sheath.
each to their own i guess, i make a lot of different sheath's for a lot of different knives, and a lot of different knife makers, for people all over the world, to there specifications, and i'm a keen bushcrafter/angler my self that is out there using the leather goods i make as i think this is important, if you make stuff for people, you should no how it will hold up, not just sit there churning out stuff, and not get out there and use it.
my point is that i use this system my self, i could make any leather sheath that i wanted, in any design i wanted, in what ever leather i wanted, but i will always go to this sheath, as its so versatile.
take care.
lee.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Oh thats looking :). Like some other on this forum you got a personal style so when I see a nice piece of leather I can tell that you have made it by its style!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I am a very happy customer of one one Lee's multi carry sheaths. It is one of the best bits of kit I own, and I have a lot of kit. He will do any colour of leather that you want and choice of stitching as well. They are light for their size but so solid that your prized knife is well protected and will survive anything you can throw at it, I know I have already thrown a lot abuse at mine and my woodlore is good and safe.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
goodjob That's an amazing work! Very nice indeed!

In my personal opinion the F1 is the only knife of two
that can get away with a sheath that big, and only
because of how brilliant it is! ;)

(The Sissipuukko M-95 is the only other one.)

I acctually want one of your sheaths now!

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE