Leather, Crusader pouch, MOD sheath, bracer and more

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey all thought i would post up some of the latest projects i have worked on. I realise i may bombard this section of the forum posting a new thread each week so from now on i will hang back and only post up every couple of weeks to show some of my work without causing too much clutter

First up is a pouch for a crusader cup set. I made this in return for a handmade smock by a member here (the missus really wanted the smock!)

He sent me a rough drawing and a custom design to tool on the back and left the rest up to me. It's a little different from my usual stuff and im chuffed with how it came out. my only gripe is for some unknown reason i used a stitching chisel instead of my awl. I realised too late so just wen't with it. The whole thing is hand saddle-stitched anyway and in most areas has been stitched twice for some extra strength.

crusaderpouch.jpg

cimg2645d.jpg

cimg2647.jpg

It was a fair amount of work ,but worth it for the lovely smock Water Gypsy loves it so thanks mate!

85728110150277320474955.jpg

Next up is a custom sheath for an MOD knife. I got the knife through a trade here its been rehandled with lovely yew. It never leaves the drawer so i offered it to a mate who commissioned me to make a nice sheath for it for him. He wanted some celtic/norse designs and his personal sigil on it. So i knocked up a few different things with his sigil on the back and his initials in runes. He wanted it rough and rustic so i used half-butt cowhide which is very strange to work with, well the stuff i have is anyway.

cimg2651k.jpg

cimg2653w.jpg

cimg2657r.jpg

It was also his birthday so i sent him this wee custom beard comb with his knife. In the past i have made him green sheaths for an axe and knife so i made it to match with a wee roe antler handle.

beardcomb.jpg

And then as another trade i made this bracer for Andy (Everything Mac) in return for some great forged celtic buckles. He sent me some rough ideas and after searching the net on LoTR bracer designs i made this

cimg2676z.jpg

Thanks for looking, it's been a busy month so far and there will be plenty more to come in the next few weeks!
Hamish

Erro Telcontar

Forager
Mar 23, 2012
Sheffield
That is an ace crusader pouch, looks even better now that it's in my rucksack ready for the next adventure :D
Water Gypsy looks great in the smock, I'm glad she likes it.

It's been a real pleasure doing business with you, I'd recommend you to everyone :) true craftsman

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
These are lovely things you make Hamish - I wonder if I'm the only one who'd like to see them as often as possible? I certainly don't see your lovely work as clutter! Keep 'em coming! atb mac

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Excellent work Hamish....I love the Crusader pouch, it's got me thinking about doing something like it for mine....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE