Leather 1st Aid Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
I was recently given some leather and wanted to have a go at making something, having no tools specific to the job I kinda made it up as I went along!
leatherpouch002kh8.jpg

The holes for stiching were punched through with an old school compass, I used Whipping Twine as the thread (found locally in a boating supply store)
leatherpouch007qj2.jpg

Wasn't sure how to secure it, so kept it very simple :rolleyes:
leatherpouch010xm3.jpg

I really enjoyed working with leather, its much more forgiving than I thought and it only took me a couple of hours from start to finish.
leatherpouch013my6.jpg

Cheers for looking :D

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
singteck said:
:D Yup... that's about the same way I started out

Fun isn't it?

singteck

Wow, theres hope for me yet then!!! :D And yeah, it was geat fun!

Bloodline, it measures 4" square - it's pretty small but I only need it to carry the basics out in the real world. I carry a bigger FAK when out playing :rolleyes:

j

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Very nice Janie. Have you put a couple of small slits down the back so you can wear it on a belt? Also, for something like that, a sandwich bag with the contents in will keep them dry in the rain, even if the bag gets a soaking.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE