Le Chameau Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 9, 2006
NW
Hi,

I need a new pair of boots for general day to day wear outdoors. Anyone had the Vatna Gore-Tex hunting boots that Le Chameau do? I'm a big fan of their wellies and I'd thought about getting a pair of these but the guy in the shop on Saturday said that they had stopped stocking them due to a couple of complaints that they were leaking. I'm quite surprised as Le Chameau are usually reliable.

Looking for some info before making an expensive mistake!

Cheers,

Stuart

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
I am in a similar position, i.e. needing some new boots and was wondering what people would recommend or suggest not to touch with a barge poll ?

Cheers

Mike

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I too have the leather lined Le Chemeau wellies which are superb and my dad has the Vatna's that he wears for beating - he swears by them. I am guessing that the complaints are due to a batch defection in the manufacturing process as opposed to a drop in the quality of the product. I use Zamberlan's but only because I can't afford the Vatna's :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE