Latest sheath - slightly different

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Hi All,

I made this sheath as a Christmas present for a friend who's a medieval re-enector, I'm not sure how authentic looking it is, but they all seem to have the seam running down the back.

P1010431_Medium_.JPG

The seam is folded out and thinned to make it flat on the back. The wet-forming makes it stay there. You can also see the belt loop below which is made in two parts ('cos the seam runs through the middle!) and stiched together.

P1010430_Medium_.JPG

Some detail of the wet forming, you can see the belt loop and the seam running down the back.

P1010428_Medium_.JPG

It's a pretty big beast as you can see from this comparison with my mora!

P1010427_Medium_.JPG

Any comments/questions always gratefully received!

Thanks for looking,

P.S. He reckons I might get some more work out of it - what do you think would be a fair price for a custom made sheath like this?

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
Thats neat. Does it have a form insert in the blade area of the sheath? Most of the older factory Rapala sheaths I have that are like that have a flat form insert to hold their shape and the new ones actually have a regular plastic sheath insert to totally enclose the whole blade.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Thanks Guys, wish I'd put pics up before I made it :rolleyes: .

No, there's no lining, and I was a bit worried about the blade damaging the sheath, but when I wet-formed it, it was wrapped in a good few layers of plastic bags, so hopefully there is enough space in there for it not to be a problem.

I didn't buy the blade, but it apparently came from Bear Claw Traiders (the owner of which has recently joined here I believe), and it looks like it would fit the biggest of the sheath liners they have on Brisa.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE