Last batch of keiki & scenery pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
This was our campsite. It is not meant to be hard camping, but a fun and safe place for kids and family. It was nice to have bathrooms there. In fact, the moms refuse to go if there wasn't. The cold water showers are soooooooo refreshing at the end of a hot sweaty day.

Hoomaluhia06200771.jpg

The kids went fishing and caught a lot of fish!

Hoomaluhia06200774.jpg

It rained only on the first day.

Hoomaluhia062007104.jpg

We had a year-end 4H meeting and my wife gave each of the kids a year-end gift. In fact, the bannock in a previous post had "4H" carved into it before cooking.

Hoomaluhia06200736.jpg

There was lots of eating

Hoomaluhia06200726.jpg

And playing

Hoomaluhia06200717.jpg

And music

Hoomaluhia0620078.jpg

Our camp fire

Hoomaluhia06200755.jpg

A last look at the mountains

Hoomaluhia0620076.jpg

And our customary "volcano" to end our camp. I try to teach the kids to make sure that the ashes of our camp fire are cool to the touch before we leave. But who says you can't have some fun while doing it. The kids love this. They each get a container of water and circle the fire pit. They give me the water and I drizzle it onto the hot ashes and coals. This forms a kind of vulcanian eruption with lots of steam and ash "erupting" up to 3-4 feet into the air. We keep it going until there are no more secondary "eruptions" and I show them how to check for heat. Then we are packed up and headed home.

Hoomaluhia062007107.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE