Large Buzzard Picc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thought my fellow raptor fans might like this one.....

974325792_2558a721ae_o.jpg

Still not got the perfect shot...but its getting there

Red

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lovely shot Red,

I saw one the day before yesterday in local field and at first i thought it was a dog sat up right and only after a bit of stalking did i find it was one of the biggest buzardsi have seen i years :eek:

There has been a massive increase in the local rabbit population so that probably explains the very healthy looking buzzards....

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Fantastic shot Red. I was lying on my back in a wood just along from my house yesterday evening and a family of 3 buzzards flew over me just like your pic. One of lifes real moments.:D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad you liked it guys - I have stacks more of this fellah if you want some - he circled me for a while

Red

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
DSCF0121.jpg

swmbo got this one of a buzzard sitting on the canal path near our house, they are ten a penny round here...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cracking photo there locum. They are pretty common here too - I've seen seven or eight on the same thermal.

Still love em though :D

Red

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Great photo, up my way we call them "Tourist Eagles". We get tourists saying "I saw an eagle." I reply "was it perched on a telegraph pole, and flew across the road in front of your car?" The answer is invariably yes, how did you know that? Now you know why we call them tourist eagles.

Jamie

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Let me guess......this one was taken with a pin hole camera hand crafted from the hedgerow:lmao:

Great photos.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nah mate - these were the DSLR - I've found the auto focus on my compact far too slow for getting "on the wing" shots .

Hands up, I was using the fancy gear for these :eek:

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE