language of birds by Jon Young

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I listened to it a few years ago. Perhaps a bit repetitive and thus longer than needs be. However don't worry about the american context since the whole point is to get you to go out and learn the language, eg by learning which birds are mostly ground feeders and therefore will alarm when when ground predators are about.

ah, the one I heard was " Advanced Bird Language"

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Hey Jamie,

These tapes are very applicable anywhere... they're all about learning patterns of bird language, rather than focusing on the species' particular sounds.

For example, songbirds will react much the same to a sparrow hawk as to a N. American sharp-shinned hawk . Similarly, they will react differently to a wolf than to a mountain lion, and these ways are similar to reactions to dogs and cats respectively.
These tapes are all about patterns. The species are just examples to describe the patterns. For instance, they will help you learn if (and where) a predator is around, even if you can't see the animal in question.

Live and Love,
Anneke

Hawkeye The Noo said:
Has anybody bought any of his tapes or cds on the language of birds. I have heard that he is very good but fear that it is all to American in context to be of use here in the UK.

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Hawkeye The Noo said:
Has anybody bought any of his tapes or cds on the language of birds. I have heard that he is very good but fear that it is all to American in context to be of use here in the UK.

http://www.grannysstore.com/Nature_Wildlife/jonyoung.htm

Anybody with thoughts or experience or heresay please reply.

cheers

Jamie

Fantastic tapes. Jon really knows what he's talking about. Got a few friends who have been taught by him. Seeing through native eyes tapes is great also.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE