Landrover Diesels MPG??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Does anyone have a rough idead as to the difference in miles per gallon between a normally aspirated 2.5 diesel
Turbo Diesel 2.5
and the 2.5 TDi

Ive heard the difference between the Turob Diesel and the TDi is negligible but what about the normally aspirated engine??

Any help greatly appreciated :-D

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
I tend to get about 450-475 miles out of a full tank (only the one)
on the 110 before the needle is too far into the red for my liking. 300TDi.

Can't remember what the cap is offhand... :-(

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Dave,

Over the years I've had 3 Land Rovers with TDi engines. The 2 with 200 TDi's gave 30-34mpg, the 300 gives 28-30. I think I'd avoid the 2.5 turbo personally, I've heard too mush bad about them over the years. My first choice is the 200TDI, as long as its been well looked after, especially timing belts and oil changes.

Try looking over at www.landroverenthusiast.com

Dave

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
My TD5 S11 Disco gets about 30mpg, bit more on a run, but ask my wife and she will say' 1000's of miles to a tank, I've never had to fill it up since it was bought'. I wonder why ?.

EdS

I get about 28mpg out of my 2.5TD.

It not that bad an engine you've just got to keep on top of the oil and coolants - use good quality oil I change mine every 3000 miles to be certain, but I off a fair bit off road as well

These are top oils and very reasonable - sold by owners for owners:

http://www.difflock.com/cgi-bin/wm1..._store=5001&KEYWORDS=ovoline&srch=all

I if you e-mail them they'll send you a recogmendation of which oils for any vehicel.

Also check out the Tech. Forum - it equal to the community bit here.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Hey, maddave, you know why the Army have two tanks in their Landies ...

... one to get to where they are going to and one to get back! :lol:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
ESpy said:
Kath said:
Wow - I'm dreaming. A full tank of petrol barely gets me down the road! :lol:

Well, I don't know how well it would react to a full tank of petrol :shock:
V6? Or just a very long road?
V8 ... and a short road!

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
My 2.5 TD5 is doing about 24 mpg on average.
The best thing about it is it makes me appreciate my VW T4 van's even more!

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I had a Freelander TD4.managed to average about 29 mpg with it. It did tow very well tho' and was impresive off road :wink: (not that I'd take a company car off road) My own toy is a 3.5 V8 range rover. on a good day,with the AC turned off,I get a whooping 16 mpg out of it.

S

slyfox

i get 500 miles from a tank (£65) in my Disco 300Tdi with MT's on and i do boot it.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
My Tdi and 2.25 nat asp diesel both manage around 25-30 mpg. Of course, the Tdi is at least 30% quicker than the nat asp diesel, so if I drove slower it'd probably be more economical than the older truck. Don't forget to allow for speedo innacuracy when calculating mpg, and bear in mind that some filling station pumps click off sooner than others.

I've just been out in a Lincoln Royale. According to the computer, it's averaging 14mpg. Worst I got was 3mpg going up the big hills on the A465. Just to cheer up all the Range Rover V8 owners .... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE