Lakeland Bushcraft amazon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
The fact that this man is using names that have a great reputation in his dodgy business dealings is beyond words ! is there anything that can be done legally to stop this possible fraudulent / mis-representation practice ?

I don't know, but Amazon does allow reviews/comments ;)

pc1

Sep 9, 2004
uk
I bought a knife from his amazon store back in January. Just under £40 got me a simple and solid bushcraft knife with a very high quality sheath. I've only put it to modest use but it holds an edge well and is easy to sharpen. If he is able to supply decent stuff at low prices I'm at a loss to understand why he would need to hijack a respected traders name - why not just build his own reputation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I bought a knife from his amazon store back in January. Just under £40 got me a simple and solid bushcraft knife with a very high quality sheath. I've only put it to modest use but it holds an edge well and is easy to sharpen. If he is able to supply decent stuff at low prices I'm at a loss to understand why he would need to hijack a respected traders name - why not just build his own reputation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

it;'s a very good question. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If he is able to supply decent stuff at low prices I'm at a loss to understand why he would need to hijack a respected traders name - why not just build his own reputation?

By all accounts a lot of his stuff wasn't decent so he hasn't got a reputation worth building on

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
just seen this post humm this person my have a ? but ive just bought a axe type knife hatchet it has Jn stamped on the blade and its a great tool to be fair and ive never seen any thing like it closest would be the gerber pack axe as for speed from them or amazon to me orderd sat deliverd monday i did think it was the shop in cockermouth when i saw the name so did ask if same and got answer back saying they have never had a shop and it was sent from london a good blade all the same

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
just seen this post humm this person my have a ? but ive just bought a axe type knife hatchet it has Jn stamped on the blade and its a great tool to be fair and ive never seen any thing like it closest would be the gerber pack axe as for speed from them or amazon to me orderd sat deliverd monday i did think it was the shop in cockermouth when i saw the name so did ask if same and got answer back saying they have never had a shop and it was sent from london a good blade all the same

Well at least now that. "He" has been found out, others can be warned with a simple google review perhaps. You sound as though you would give this guy repeat buisness norca?

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Would you mind posting some pics up?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just back from the sorting office and have collcted my knife.

No makers mark on it. It looks quite nice from a distance. When you get close up however the level of finish is pretty poor. The horn and bone have been aggressively machine polished and the horn is scorched and uneven as is the bone. The blade looks the part but it is not brilliantly sharp. Time will tell as to the quality of the steel.

20121022_181959-1.jpg

20121022_182015.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

if your talking about the mini hatchet he stole that design off US maker 'JK knives'

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
if your talking about the mini hatchet he stole that design off US maker 'JK knives'

To be fair Askari have been selling the same thing for ages.

http://www.askari-fishing.com/__WebShop__/product/fishing/fishing-accessories-5/knives/machetes-axes-choppers-and-saws/dark-forest-hatchet/detail.jsf

Trail Snail

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2009
Wales
http://www.britishblades.com/forums...hcraft-Tim-James-Noble&highlight=james+norton

I Made the mistake a while back of buying a "Handmade" folding knife from Amazon "reduced" from £80 to £15. I forgot, in my haste to heed the advice that if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

The knife arrived in a jiffy bag with my address scrawled on it in virtually illegible handwriting. It was marked as being sent by "The Steel Collection".

The knife seemed ok for fifteen quid, but certainly not worth anything like £80.

I submitted very honest feedback on Amazon giving it 3 out of 5. Nbole posted a very insulting feedback calling me a troll for giving a genuine opinion on being hoodwinked.

Avoid any products by this charlatan. He gives a very bad name to British artisans who do provide great handmade products.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE