LAGUIOLE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Hi all,
I’m looking to buy one as I’ve never tried this style. I’m thinking one with a back lock but that’s not very important. Anyone recommend a specific manufacturer, model etc.

Cheers AB

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Funnily enough I started browsing Laguiole last night and realised I didn’t know where to start.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
About the only one I know of that is non locking and under 3 inches is the Le Thiers Compact model from Coutellerie Chambriard.

Carried one for years but sadly misplaced it one day sitting on a bench in the woods, when I went back it was nowhere to be found.

Chambriard might not be a bad place to start looking - Laguiole is a bit of a minefield with no single producer and the range from cheap mass produced to high end hand made customs produced in small workshops.

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
I’ve been eyeing up one of these but want to have a bit more input before I pull the trigger.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have a couple. I do really like them but the snap on the back spring is truly scary & been bitten a couple of times. One I bought in a little village shop in rural France & the other was a gift about 40 years ago.
Be careful. There are many many fakes. I don’t think they are traditionally a locking knife. Certainly mine don’t need a lock!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE