knife scales?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just been given a small bag of slices of black buffalo horn. It carves and sands well and polishes up to a beautiful finish. It looks like ebony when done properly. I wanted tablets for an inkle loom but the pieces are too long, narrow and thicker than I can use. I've got four pieces roughly 6 x 39 x 125mm. One larger piece 50 x 10 x 150mm, and eight finer bits, 2 x 28 x 80mm.

Anybody interested?

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Andy said:
I'm interested. Let me know how much ££ to give you

I'll go measure up for the boat knife. I think the other two smiddle size bits would do it.

I've no use for the pieces and you're welcome to them. I was given the horn in exchange for doing a favour for a friend. Somewhere down the line you'll do someone a good turn and someone'll do me one too, it all works out.
I need an address to send the pieces, please. PM me?

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
One large piece and eight little ones left folks.
Cheers,
Toddy

Only four little ones now, still got the biggest chunk though.

Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
All gone to good homes :D

If anyone is looking for some more I can get hold of the address of the supplier, he sells parts for the walking stick & crook makers.

Cheers,
Toddy

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Thanks Toddy the scales turned up this morning. I posted off your trade goods this afternoon :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE