Knife Kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Having time off work means more time surfing on the work laptop (the'll want it back soon). Question: has anybody tried one of the Kankaapaa (Finnish?) knife kits at all? I saw them on the Attleborogh Accessories website (www.attacc.com), and I thought aha!

All the bits required plus a nice Scandinavian blade. Any thoughts? Will I be able to do this while convalescing (i.e. one-handed???) Wil I have to fit a rubber blade?

N

Funnily enough (it wasnt really!) I broke my left arm 3 weeks ago and Ive just finished putting the handle on this knife http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=12813

First off, I should say I didnt find it easy, I had to rig up loads of different ways to hold the knife and it got a bit frustrating from time to time . In the end it just took me a lot longer than usual but it worked out ok and it gave me something to do. Have a go, as long as you put plenty of tape on the blade edge it shouldnt be a problem. The only thing I didnt do was use my buffer. This scares me 2 handed and I though it wouldnt be a good idea to finish up back in casualty :yikes:

Sorry, I dont know anything about those kits though

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Havn't made one of the Kankaanpaa bladed knives you refer to but have made a smaller nordic knife (sorry, big pic). The kit looks identical to the one in the Attleborough catalog but came from www.brisa.fi .IIRC it was only 24 european grots plus a bit of postage. Beware though, you may spend a lot of time looking through the online catalog and deciding! Idid! Have fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE