Knife grind angles , Preferences & Job rolls ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No worries... i've been meaning to do it for a year...... even got gents form the forum to agree to test them for me....... just not had time at all... i'll sort it though...... ;)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I've not made many all before this have been small edc for myself and the missus and kids at camp . Also made a few whittlers and gave them to cybercurly (bcuk) he manages a local wood near me I thought I'd knock him one up when I spotted his carvings while staying there

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You seem to have good technical ability mate, and you're trying, you will do well if you keep it up, but it will cost a fair bit, and require a fair bit from you to get up there. I've been going for 5 years.... spent thousands...... but all of it was from money earned from early efforts over 3 years, hard work... slow rewards....happy life. ;)

Last edited:

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I'm Un diagnosed but been rough for 2 years no money to speak of and unable to return to my job . I can't do a lot . Everything I show you has taken those 2 years and the steel is still annealed lol . I do what I can or else I'd go mad . Every thing I turn out an achievement . So I'm happy to cracking on I know I can do it well if I put my head into it . And I have been bitten by the bug of knife making so I must continue

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
You seem to have good technical ability mate, and you're trying, you will do well if you keep it up, but it will cost a fair bit, and require a fair bit from you to get up there. I've been going for 5 years.... spent thousands...... but all of it was from money earned from early efforts over 3 years, hard work... slow rewards....happy life. ;)

To be fair Mark,your work is impeccable and suggests a lot more than 5 year experience

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I have re filed this stock removal blank to 22° and I'm happy with how it looks . I will put it through its paces when hardened and H.T'd . If I'm un-happy after then it will be annealed and re-filed but I like it so far
4u3edypu.jpg
5uguvaza.jpg
a4uga4a6.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE