Knife forke spoon set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pollitt

Jan 1, 2007
Dover, Kent, UK
Hi guys

I've been looking for a nice KFS set for a while now. I dont like sporks (just a personal thing) and i want a set that will fold down to save space. The dificulty is finding a set with a decent fork. I think i may have found my answer in the Fulper KFS set (evilbay) but i was wondering if anyone else has experiance with this set. The knife looks poor but i will replace that with a basic swiss army knife so i have a can and bottle opener included but i dont know how good the quality is on the fork and spoon.

Stuart

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
No experience of this set but anything that folds will be a pain to clean and turns a nice simple thing into a complicated thing that will probably break.
Go to a charity shop and pick up a nice, big Sheffield soup spoon like your Grannie had!
Fast is first to the leftovers

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I just carry a spoon and a peculiar one: a silver spoon. Obviously it gives me a sense of aristocratic comfort in the wilderness :cool: but the main reason is that silver keeps itself clean through it's antiseptic properties. Call me a snob....

O

oilyrag

200.jpg

French Foreign Legion chow set, is one of the best and the pouch (not shown) fits on your belt. If you've a larger budget then the Swiss issue kit is superb.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like the idea of a silver spoon! Class!
I belive I read an article about food preparation chopping boards that said that wooden ones beat the c**p out of "hygenic" plastic ones as the wood retains ameasure of anti bacterial performance that protected the tree in life. Would this mean that my hand carved boxwood Foon/Spork is more hygenic than a plastic one?
Not quite a silver spoon but more stylish than plastic/surplus (IMHO) - and healthier too it seems!
Anyone got more info on anti-bacterial properties of seasoned wood?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just use a Ti Spork / Foon what ever you want to call it or another one I have found useful in the past is the long plastic spoon you find in American MRE packs.

I would stay away from those fold up KFS jobs as food can get into the joints making it a bas***d to clean.

O

oilyrag

Don't want to hijack this thread, but would silver plating a KFS set give them the same antiseptic qualities?

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
The Foregin Legion KFS set gets my vote too, but the fork and spoon are a little small..

Agree with Greg- the brown plastic MRE spoons rule! (Tip- cut your MRE main meal pouch along the long edge not the 'suggested' short edge.. Makes life a lot easier..)

leemann

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2004
In the year 2022
I have the Gsi outdoors kfs set stainless if you want small theres the coughlans set.:lurk:
Just remembered I have a Ka-Bar set that folds up with case.
Lee

B

billo

The Bundeswehr KFS set is excellent. The knife blade is a good shape; straight w/ rounded end - ideal for slicing & spreading, and sharp, fork is robust & broad(-ish) with close tines, and the spoon is big and deep. If you buy it make absolutely sure you are getting the genuine BW issue gear: all the cheapo SS lookalikes are unmitigated crap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE