Kit List

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Why do you need a database to pack your bag?
Why do you need long hair to ask silly questions?

You don't need to know why I need a database - ok?

Seriously mate... my desires and motivations are nothing to do with you... this was an exercise for me... something to do that MAY be of value to others... yet again I will say it, if you have some sort of problem, I don't care :D

Kepis - Thanks for backing me up... seems wayland doesn't seem to grasp the idea of "no support for other systems". Oh well... I'll have to take a photo of myself looking meaningfully into the distance holding the explaination.

phaserrifle - of course... use it for your scouts by all means, obviously the more kit you need to store information on the more useful this might be, especially if it goes missing from time to time.

PJMCBear, JFW - glad it's of some use however trivial that use.

squantrill - pm me your e-mail address and i'll send you a copy over... if your converter/importer can deal with Access 2007 you should be fine. Actually i'll upload just the DB so people can get that on its own and download the runtime components from microsoft if they need them.

everyone - if you think this is lacking any features or reports or have any constructive criticism please do let me know. Also, use this for whatever you can and for whoever you can, you don't need to ask...

everyone - if you simply don't understand why you would need this or only have thing to say that equate to "Microsoft sucks" or "squidders sucks" please don't let me know.

Ta.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'm not going to load some pointless bit of software onto my computer just so I can read a database file.

I have absolutely no other use for databases so why should I

Squidders was being sarky about people not giving him feedback but perhaps that's why.

So dont install it then, sorry Gary but i dont see anyone round here forcing people to install the DB or associated files, you may consider it pointless, but as can be seen by some of the posts others dont, Squidders offered the DB to all for their use if they wanted to use it, so if you want to use it, use it, if you don't then, don't, a pretty simple concept really, but please don't demean the software without even looking at it.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
phaserrifle - of course... use it for your scouts by all means, obviously the more kit you need to store information on the more useful this might be, especially if it goes missing from time to time.

Thanks, I didn't want to go and use it without checking, as it was distributed for personal use (copyright laws ect, better safe than sorry)

Kepis - Thanks for backing me up... seems wayland doesn't seem to grasp the idea of "no support for other systems". Oh well... I'll have to take a photo of myself looking meaningfully into the distance holding the explaination.

Hey Joe,

C'mon, stop acting like a jerk. We appreciate that you've put effort into the database. We appreciate that you are sharing it to those who want to use it. But recognize that if you are offering something up to a community of Bushcrafters, that not everyone will be enamoured with an application like yours. We're not being luddites, but your ad hominem attacks aren't appreciated at all, and sound quite juvenile from all the way over here in Canada.

Mungo

Wayland

Hárbarðr

You don't need to know why I need a database - ok?

Seriously mate... my desires and motivations are nothing to do with you... this was an exercise for me... something to do that MAY be of value to others... yet again I will say it, if you have some sort of problem, I don't care :D

Kepis - Thanks for backing me up... seems wayland doesn't seem to grasp the idea of "no support for other systems". Oh well... I'll have to take a photo of myself looking meaningfully into the distance holding the explaination.<Snip

Personal insults again, always been rather your style when you don't get the responses you want, never mind, you're really not capable of irritating me that much.

By the way, the picture you are referring to earned me a free shirt, so I'm quite happy, how's your life?

Snip> <SARCASM>thanks for the constructive feedback and exhaustive testing.</SARCASM>

My "feedback" was about your need to put everybody down that doesn't want to jump through your hoops. Rather arrogant in my opinion but once again, in character.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Wayland, Squidders - enough!

Whatever grievances you may hold for one another, this is not the forum to air them.

Read what Mungo has to say - words of wisdom that should stop this tiff.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The last time we had something like this it was a full moon........Just look at the moon tonight and tomorrow.

Can I have some popcorn Spikey?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Geesh have you lot got each other on speed dial or something ? It's like no 62 buses. None for ages then along comes everyone of them at once :rolleyes:

From a personal point of view I'm too lazy to use a spreadsheet to pack kit, but it's a good offer Joe, and certainly I can see it's the sort of thing that really works for some folks, especially good for group kit like Scouts I'd have thought.

I think my computer is the only one in the house that has Microsoft on it........Son 1 said as he installed it for me, "Pretty pictures for idiots, Mum !" :rolleyes: Well, it works for me :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Have to agree with you there Toddy, a little agro and there's lots of extra contribution suddenly :lurk:

Wayland, if you're not interested stay out of the thread mate, that's one of the wise rules to follow :D and also good advice for anyone else that's not interested in this technical creation, although I know of a few that would be :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE