kershaw knife ???? HELP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2004
wiltshire
i need some help my missus has baught me a new knife and she assures me that she asked for a carbon steel blade it seems to be a good knife it has a good shaped blade and a pretty resonable sheath i would like any feed back on kershaw knifes as i have heard of them but how good are they i dont know :?:

many thanks
PS i,ll be taking it to the next tribe meeting so if you know anything let me know then or pm me in the mean while

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
The first proper blade I ever owned was a Kershaw 1050 folding field knife with a tan leather sheath, Brass frame, black phenolic grips, AUS 8 steel drop point blade.

You can tell it was special at the time as I can remember all the details nearly 20 years later.

I loaned it to a friend and he lost it travelling abroad.

I think they have a good reputation and certainley had no problems with it.

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Paul,
Kershaw knives are pretty good. I have a Black Horse II which has a stainless (440?) blade but they also make more expensive blades in AUS 8.
My knife is a good, basic locking folder with a firm, positive locking action and kraton style grips.
I also have a Kodiak Skinner fixed blade knife which I use as my working knife. This has a similar grip material to the Black Horse but I don't know the type of steel from which it is made. However in ten years it has never let me down and takes and holds an excellent edge.
One area Kershaw could improve on is the sheaths. The folder came with a Cordura pouch which is horrible and will soon be replaced with a leather pouch 'a-la Buck Hunter. The Kodiak has a poor fitting black leather belt sheath which just about holds the knife, but I have little confidence in it.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Tack

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Kershaw makes a lot of different models. Some are excellent, some are mediocre at best, and some are in between.

I'm betting yours has a stainless blade, not a carbon blade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE