Kent Meeting 6th 7th June

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
If have confirmed the date for a meeting at Capstone Farm Country Park for the 6th 7th June from 1pm Saturday till 4pm On the Sunday.

There will be a fee of £20 per head min of 10 people for the session to cover insurance due to it being on Conucil land. Im having to do this on a booking system due to the way things run in the park so they know how many people will be on site during the session.

We will have to use one main fire site and cooking drums/bbq style things not to cause any damage to the surrounding area. Sleeping can be in the woodland's in hammock's or out in the feild in tents.

There will be 3 pole lathes on the site for the session if anyone wants to have a go at doing some traditonal wood turning.

If you would like to book a place for this please make contact with me via PM.

We have spoke about other things people might like to offer to show and have ago at while here please post what you are willing to show/demonstrate below.

Im looking forward to this as it will be my first meet and will get to meet some new face's

All the best
Kris

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Put me down as a provisional please Kris, I just need to check with himself about what he's doing workwise then I'll get back to you & confirm.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Before I can confirm, I'm just waiting for a few friends who would also be interested to let you know exactly how many. Hopefully that will be sooner than later, but I will certainly let you know for definite a week before if not sooner.
Looking forward to it.
Just a quick yes/no question. I appreciate the need to have one main fire area, but would we be allowed to have individual fires by our tarps/hammocks, that is AWAY from the main cooking fire, if those fires were in a fire bowl or other means of keeping the fire off the ground without leaving burn marks?
Cheers.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Sorry Kris, I might have to wait a bit before I can confirm either way.

Some tw*t knocked my other half off his bike yesterday afternoon and he's now home with his leg in plaster from hip to ankle. Although he's sore but ok it'll be a little while till we can work out how independent he can be on crutches or if I need to be around to keep an eye on him.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
pm sent looking forward to it.

Thats cool im there this weekend doing a family thing with 15 people that have never done this sort of thing before , im hoping the weather pick's up some. Carol hope the other half is ok and you can make it along. If not im sure there will e other times.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Kris

I dont know what I'm doing half the time and the other half I'm doing the wrong thing.
Cant make the meet - I'm going to be in Normandy scattering my dads ashes on the drop zone on the 6th of June - I thought he might like to join some of his mates that he left there in 1944.
Hope you have a good time

Cheers
Nick

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Kris

I dont know what I'm doing half the time and the other half I'm doing the wrong thing.
Cant make the meet - I'm going to be in Normandy scattering my dads ashes on the drop zone on the 6th of June - I thought he might like to join some of his mates that he left there in 1944.
Hope you have a good time

Cheers
Nick

Wow. Respect to your dad. RIP.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Im sure i read about children going free under 5 Oscar somewhere yes under 5 will be free haha i cant see it anywhere unless i dreamed it.

Just spent the night out at the park forst of the year very nice bunch of people and might have gained another one for the meet.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
If you want to book call 01634 338191 and let them know that you want to book or just send a cheque to medway council for the £20 that will be great. we will send out a receipt for the amount you send.

Will be great to meet up with other bushcrafter's i know a few from here that will be attending this weekend.

The address is
Capstone Farm Country Park
Capstone road
Gillingham
Kent
ME73JG

Kris

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
I camped at 'The Crown' inn at Stelling Minnis the last couple of nights. It was only £5 a night, but it was pretty basic with just an outside tap and the pub toilet (open 24hrs).

It was a large field and there was a lot of evidence of open fires, so it looks like they're permitted.

It may be worth considering for the future by the 'Men o' Kent' on this forum.

Jim

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Hi there kris,i won't know until the day whether i can make it or not?? same goes the same for my mate who also want's to go.Will that be ok.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Hi Kris,

Sorry I can't make it this time - the other half is still on crutches and not so mobile yet so I need to stick around to make sure he's ok. Really wanted to be there and have the chance to do some pole lathe work again, so I'm pretty dissapointed. Maybe next time!

Have a great weekend & I hope it goes well.

Carol :O)

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Hi Kris,

Sorry I can't make it this time - the other half is still on crutches and not so mobile yet so I need to stick around to make sure he's ok. Really wanted to be there and have the chance to do some pole lathe work again, so I'm pretty dissapointed. Maybe next time!

Have a great weekend & I hope it goes well.

Carol :O)

Hi all it dont look like this is going to happen due to lack of interest i will make arrange ments for another date later in the year. Now i know i can get the site it should not be a problem. Shame this one did not work out. If anyone want to come along on the Saturday afternoon 2-5 or the Sunday 9-4 to do some pole lathing thats good with me as i will be there anyhow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE