Just about their for overnighter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Here is a pic of my Kit so far. Missing is wash kit as I am still looking for a pouch or roll to keep it in and roll mat to sleep on.Oh and a small trowel for you know what.

Also I have a spork which I forgot to get out, which is kept in the honey stove pouch.

The three small plastic containers are for sugar, tea bags and coffee and any other food items. I want to also get suitable small containers for salt and pepper.

I think also I need to add another water container.

Other than the items mentioned above this is what I would take for a one/two nights out.

KIT.jpg

Any comments appreciated.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Looks good to me. The blue thing just behind the sleeping bag, is that the little pack of blister plasters? Those things are awesome, but I'd ditch the packaging and just put them in with your FAK. And no roll matt ?

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Spare batteries for the torch.

What food are you taking?

Whats the item between the blue water bottle and the axe? Machete ? If its do you need it and an axe? Also sharping kit of some sort maybe

Spare batteries I do have and will take and should of put in pic. The axe I would take as a evening past time of carving as I have started a spoon and although not finished I thoroughly enjoyed it. The machete type thing I do not know the correct name of and think you may be right about that item, its not as though I will be in the jungle.

As for food I will have snacks for the day and would like to take raw veg and maybe some meat and cook some thing up. Really not into boil in the bag for one or two nights out. When I find some good areas to wild camp I will incorporate them in to a 30-40 mile round trip if a one night out.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Looks good to me. The blue thing just behind the sleeping bag, is that the little pack of blister plasters? Those things are awesome, but I'd ditch the packaging and just put them in with your FAK. And no roll matt ?

Funny you say that when I put my kit away I did as you say and put the blister plasters in the first aid kit along with whistle and foil blanket. And I could not agree more about the blister plasters. As I said in my first post roll mat I still need to acquire.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
a jacket??? what rucksack is that?

---
Skipp

The ruck sack was bought from Total fishing gear, which I think Matt Heyes has some thing to do with. It was actually designed with carp fishermen in mind. It cost £19.99 which value wise is probably the best thing I have ever bought. It is extremely well made and there is some reviews on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE