Junior Sleeping Bag (mini) review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Well not much of a review really, but we were camping at the weekend and it's the first time my daughter has used the sleeping bag we got her at Christmas, she's only 2 and so has previously used a travel cot.

Anyway I was very impressed with the bag, a Stormlite Mistral Junior. We got it from Field & Trek in the sale (there seem to be lots of them!) for £9.99 I think, they're £19.99 normally. I had thought Stormlite kit was only from Field & Trek, but I'm sure I saw some in Millets the other day, anyway F&T link here:

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/cat_id/...ormlite-Mistral-Junior-Sleeping-Bag-31337.htm

It's much better than my sons bag with was about a tenner from Argos. It's just like a 'real' one with a shoulder baffle and a compression bag Etc. It even has a cotton liner - my adult stormlite bag is nylon! (well it felt like cotton, but the blurb on the website says 'Comfortable, soft lining' so I'm not sure exactly what it is!)

It was quite a warm weekend, but I'm sure it would be good for more than the +8 degree rating they give it on the website. So if you're in the market for a kids bag for 2 to 3 season use, I'd highly recommend it.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Right, just checked my facts - the blurb that came with it rates it at +2deg C, much better than the +8 the website quotes. It doesn't say what the lining is unfortunately, but it does say distributed exclusively by Field & Trek.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
excellent review! :You_Rock_

we need more stuff like this! i have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl both will need sleeping bags soon! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE