jungle living

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya gang

now then lets just say that petrol is going to run out in twelve months time and you have made the decision to move to the amazon rainforest because you beleive its the safest and the enviroment you have most servival knowledge on.

so the question is what kit would you take

drew

ps i know this sounds very much like an end of the world as we no it question but didnt know how else to put it and i wanted to find out what gear you would take for permanent jungle living

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
Mosquito netting, machete, camp knife, variety of billy cans, maybe a dutch oven, definitely several books. I got a rough idea on how to construct shelters out of bamboo in Thailand, a bit of a better long term solution that hammocking in my eyes.
Although, on second thought, maybe I'd be better off with a solar panel to power an ipod loaded with handy phrases in Portuguese and Tupi...

akabu

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2006
USA
Change the Dutch oven to a Sherpard's pot lighter[3 inch deep by 12 inches.. fry broil boil Bake] or WOK with cover..Axe

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
knife, perang, sharpening stone, mozi net, ponch, hammock, stainless pots + pans (2 or 3) and a realy good medical kit containing the works including antibiotics......

daysack and water bottles but thats about it realy........the jungle has loads to offer if you know what your doing........minimal is always better in the jungle (im told).....

will find out when i go to Belize is spoze........lol

chris.................

p/s good post Drew........

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
A parang, mosinet, big med kit to get me through untill i achieve mystical medicen man status, and a O niel loin cloth, because theres no excuse for not having style,

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
a good knife, decent boots, spare clothing (wet kit for day, dry for the night) hammock, basic survival kit, (fishing line, flint n steel, snare, sewing kit, condoms) puritabs (lots of) Surviva-Pure water purification system first aid kit (with malaria tabs) mosinet, hammok and a cooking implement. and some mess tins
bobs your uncle, fannys your ant.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Nothing at all, I'd wait for you lot to turn up and then for some reason you'd start losing stuff mysteriously... :lmao:

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
... and a way to light a fire, that doesn't involve a firesteel. Probably just a decent waterproof lighter or five million.

As for the med kit, a bumper size of anti-fungals wouldn't do any harm either!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A big book on hydroponics so I can clear the place and set up a farm like the tribes did before there was any silly jungle.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You don't need a lot at all.
Ditch your cook pots for a start. :)
P4270027.jpg

PC020055.jpg

And your hammocks/sleep systems.
PC010052.jpg

As a bare minimum - Machete, bushy knife, iodine, fishing line and hooks etc, flint n steel AND a lighter. As an item of luxury I'd go for a head torch, 12 hours of darkness does your head in after a while.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I'd take a machete, bushy knife, basha and hammocl and water purification kit. maybe a billy can as a luxury but other that that bamboo can be used for most things or at least so ive read

Dave

Rumi

Forager
You can tell we're all English here, no fire arms.. 22 cal semi auto hi power rifle with dusk scopes and silencer and 200 rounds, gun oil and maintenance kit, mossie box net, hammock, ultralight sleeping bag, machette, boot knife, locally prepared Malarial prophylactic, medium size medi kit with alcohol, iodine (for wounds and water and tropicalised Sycatrine powder and a mix of dressings sizes and the usual other stuff in a medikit, Danner jungle boots, saddle soap for boots, flint and steel though would be more likely to rely bow drill or continuous fire management. Jungle survival is easier if practiced as a co-operative group so it makes sense to go in a group or find and live with a local tribe.. When the sh** is hitting the fan getting to the Amazon might be nigh on impossible.. It makes more sense to develop the wilderness around where you live through guerrilla conservation gardening (planting wild food plants) in places people don't frequent..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE