July Photo Challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
After reading the good idea from TF in this thread I thought ti best to get on and give it a go :D

This month the subject is Wilderness Food and Cooking.

Put your pictures in this thread and we'll also display them on separate site page, the best will be published in the magazine and also be highlighted on the website.

Please don't just go through your old pictures, get out and take some new ones if you can ;)

Can we have some information as well to describe the pictures, where they were taken, with what camera (settings if poss) what the subject is and when it was taken.

Get those pictures up :D

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm sure you'll have plenty opportunity to monopolise later photo challenges... Give someone else a chance! ;) :D

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Right i'll put up the first one :), this was took just now in my garden using a Fuji finepix S5600
Thistle - A lovely little snack, just make sure you trim off the spikes before you eat it ;) :lmao:
unkownthistleflowercropped.jpg

leon

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm not going to get another chance to get out this month.......:(

Are you sure I can't use an old one?

I see both sides, on the one hand it's great if they're fresh pictures that show the world in the now, what the weather's like, colours, what's about etc on the other some people have fantastic pictures that we'd miss out on.

I think we leave it for now and if it gets silly we'll tweak things a bit for the next one :D

;) :naughty:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Made this oven last weekend for a small group of lads who spent the weekend in the woods. Cooked a roast dinner in no time...in fact it was a tad overdone...:eek:

campoven.jpg

shot on my Fuji snapper at fast rating and slowish shutter speed

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Oh dear! I'm offf on a canoe trip next week. I'll have to remember the camera and spend all my time cooking now.:eek: :lmao: :lmao:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
beach2.jpg

The beach at Yellowcraigs, Lothian

Not cooking a lot, just a cup of tea, but we did have sausages later:eek:

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Not really had much time outdoors this month with the pending wedding...

But just to get into the spirit of things, here we are cooking hand made scotch pancakes on granite down in Dartmoor from the weekend before last.

877229256_2bb47dfa1b.jpg

YUMMY. :D

Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ30, automatic settings.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
thank you, it was a good day (for once) only one passer-by suggesting I should put it out for fear of starting a fire!!

Should have said it was taken on a Kodak digital camera. automatic settings..

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
thank you, it was a good day (for once) only one passer-by suggesting I should put it out for fear of starting a fire!!

Should have said it was taken on a Kodak digital camera. automatic settings..

Yeah, when I lived down on the south coast, the area was rife with combustible sand!:rolleyes:

:D

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Not really had much time outdoors this month with the pending wedding...

But just to get into the spirit of things, here we are cooking scotch pancakes on granite down in Dartmoor from the weekend before last.

877229256_2bb47dfa1b.jpg

YUMMY. :D

Next time you see Jason Andy ask him about the time he tried to cook on a York stone paving slab........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: TAXI FOR JASON!!

This picture was taken on my recent Islay expedition with Jermey Hastings of Islay Bushcraft.

This was the first night cooking mussels, oysters, clams, etc over a drift wood fire. The chef is McSheep my sons toy that I promised to take on my adventures and photograph for him.

mcsheep.jpg

Taken with a Fuji 6900 on Auto mode.

Phil.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
This picture was taken on my recent Islay expedition with Jermey Hastings of Islay Bushcraft.

This was the first night cooking mussels, oysters, clams, etc over a drift wood fire. The chef is McSheep my sons toy that I promised to take on my adventures and photograph for him.

Phil.

:27: :27: :27: :27: :27:

Mate, this is the July competition...you went on that trip in June :lmao: I dunno - some people :nono: :p

:sad6:

Do love that pic though. think its well "bless" that you took it with you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE