Jetboil alternative....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MCNZ

Jul 1, 2020
Newcastle
Already have a gas backpacking stove and a variety of pans but I'm looking for a fast and efficient system for brews, dehydrated meals etc. Jetboils are all a bit pricey. Anyone recommend what they've got? Was looking at the Highlander version as an option...

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Be wary of copies. I had one from a well known UK company, their version of the jetboil essentially a Chinese copy branded to them. The first was recalled due to safety issues the second I sent back after the gas started leaking out of the canister during operation and was actually alight beneath the stove. I sent that one back and will settle for additional costs with good QC. I have the MSR reactor, which is really just for boiling water super fast. I don't use it much to be honest but by god it boils water super quick.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, I have a Jobsworth version that had a recall because of a leaking seal. However, I inspected and tested mine and it was fine - no leaks, works perfectly. It was only £20 so I've had that value out of it already.

Having compared mine with a Jetboil I'm not convinced they are not made by the same company though :dunno:

MattyWW

Feb 11, 2023
Leamington Spa
Got an OEX tacana which is great – can't see much of a difference between that and my jetboil zip tbh in terms of quality. It's a bigger size so you can stuff a boil in the bag meal in it no probs. I like that it came with a bag too, so I don't get dinner mess inside my bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE