It's that FRIDAY feelin baby!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I have had some brilliant news! as of 1630 today I have been declared medically fit to continue into the RAF!!!!

:mexwave::mexwave: Congrats :mexwave::mexwave:

I also have a couple of projects that need to be cracked on with :eek: .

Well, that's one down ~ I needed a quick and dirty sheath (posh wouldn't look right). The dye didn't quite take correctly ~ it's an old bottle. Sometimes mistakes are good :cool: .

Not putting a welt in let me wet form the blade shape ~ which due to it being _a bit different_ means that the blade 'snaps' into place.

The purple was supposed to be a base to add other colours to ~ I'm not too sure why the bronzing happened* but I like the effect.
I'll try to get some better shots in tomorrows golden hour.

* It's, most likely, down to the age of the dye and/or air oxidation.

The knife ~ I had it commissioned 'tiddly-ump' years ago. A pretty sheath really wouldn't work :lmao: . The folder with it is a spydie Endura (in G-2 and FRN).

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
today I cut the lawn as it looked like it might have been harbouring raptors! went to the park with my wife and dog and tomorrow I've got a buddy coming down for a few cans and a days shooting then a good ol' BBQ!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have had some brilliant news! as of 1630 today I have been declared medically fit to continue into the RAF!!!! I've already passed the AST/ interview/medical and fitness test, they needed to see my previous NHS records from prior to joining the Army in 2000 to make sure I hadn't had any kind of med problems that would bar me, and today they said I am fine!!! of course they have no knowledge of my mental state:p:christmas1::red:. I am now having a celebratory cider!! CHEERS!:beerchug::canoe::camping::headbang::dancer:

That is excellent news Dave, well done mate. Luckily they haven't got access to your mind and state thereof.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
off to Belgium now , back in the morning then off to the woods for the night. was planning to do 5 items night, but as I am going to Belgium I think I will go for comfort and try out my hammock.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
:mexwave::mexwave: Congrats :mexwave::mexwave:

Well, that's one down ~ I needed a quick and dirty sheath (posh wouldn't look right). The dye didn't quite take correctly ~ it's an old bottle. Sometimes mistakes are good :cool: .

Not putting a welt in let me wet form the blade shape ~ which due to it being _a bit different_ means that the blade 'snaps' into place.

The purple was supposed to be a base to add other colours to ~ I'm not too sure why the bronzing happened* but I like the effect.

* It's, most likely, down to the age of the dye and/or air oxidation.

The knife ~ I had it commissioned 'tiddly-ump' years ago. A pretty sheath really wouldn't work :lmao: . The folder with it is a spydie Endura (in G-2 and FRN).

That knife looks ace!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I have had some brilliant news! as of 1630 today I have been declared medically fit to continue into the RAF!!!! I've already passed the AST/ interview/medical and fitness test, they needed to see my previous NHS records from prior to joining the Army in 2000 to make sure I hadn't had any kind of med problems that would bar me, and today they said I am fine!!! of course they have no knowledge of my mental state:p:christmas1::red:. I am now having a celebratory cider!! CHEERS!:beerchug::canoe::camping::headbang::dancer:

Congratulations mate :D and dont forget the chocolates :p

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth

Hi Dave, well done on passing all your tests hope all goes well when you get to Halton. Not sure if you've been there before but its worth taking some Bushy kit as the camp backs on to the Chiltern Hills. Its a lovely wee area with a few spots for a bivi and a fire, be a good place for a break from the training. Just a shame you won't be able to get back to Kinloss, surely the best camp in the RAF.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I know Matey, we were so hoping to be able to go there for Wifey's final posting too, But she just got her extension through for a further 13 years on top of her 22, very lucky considering the current climate, so maybe Lossy as an admin post for her? no Sgt dental posistions so no chance other wise, still there's always unaccompanied:naughty::beerchug:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Post nights today - lay in the garden for an hour and got burnt, made some nettle cordage, drank some beer and fell asleep on the couch.
Tomorrow I think Im gonna play in the woods, trying to avoid exacerbation of my sunburn.
Sunday Ive got to take the other half clothes shopping for a wedding at bluewater. Im so glad I dont have to wear a different dress for every formal occasion - just the same skirt every time:D

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It's Friday, the gate way to the joys of the weekend, working or not your feeling great an lookin feisty!

What are you guys upto this weekend?

Me? I'm tidying up my man cave, it's been neglected since we moved in, so i'm gonna organise the junk into boxes marked"junk" and sort the wheat from the chaff, mind you, not sure how the landlords feel about a threshing machine being in there!

Me, well I'm Volunteer Coaching at the Glasgow Paddlesports Centre Festival on saturday then paddling the WW section of the Tay from Loch Tay down.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
That knife looks ace!

Cheers chap ~ antique oak floor boards are cool :lmao: :cool:
And ~ my custom knife had a thumb ramp before JD's did :lmao:

Better light ~ still doesn't quite capture the metallic oilslick :(

... Well, that's one down ...

Two down ...

Three down ~ I finally got round to getting a pic of my Dave Budd folder ...

I really need to get round to making a half way decent light box :eek: :lmao:

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Im doing my CBT tomorrow, was supposed to be this morning but the guy phoned friday night to pospone so got to get myself preped all over again should have realised he probably wants to watch the first days racing at the Isle of Man on Saturday!!!!!

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
How things change In a week! Although cleared fit for service, turns out my left eye is woggle giving me a 2/1 score where as for the trade I was going for I need a 1/1 eye score( I could only read the first two letters of the bottom row on the eye chart with my left eye) so no more RAF for me, But in a one door closes one door opens kind of way I'm off to have a Chat with the chap in charge of the local Army Air Corps Reserve Sqn next week, after a very positive telephone call, which will work out better, as we won't be shelling out for child care unless I get deployed, and then will be earning enough to cover the cost. Yay! and I'll be back where I should be. whoop whoop!

How did your CBT go Dr Jones?

And how was the week for you guys?

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
How things change In a week! Although cleared fit for service, turns out my left eye is woggle giving me a 2/1 score where as for the trade I was going for I need a 1/1 eye score( I could only read the first two letters of the bottom row on the eye chart with my left eye) so no more RAF for me, But in a one door closes one door opens kind of way I'm off to have a Chat with the chap in charge of the local Army Air Corps Reserve Sqn next week, after a very positive telephone call, which will work out better, as we won't be shelling out for child care unless I get deployed, and then will be earning enough to cover the cost. Yay! and I'll be back where I should be. whoop whoop!

How did your CBT go Dr Jones?

And how was the week for you guys?

Have a virtual pint mate..:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE