Isle Royale Bushcraft Packs From UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Hi guys,

So I can't hold the temptation any longer and with my birthday due soon, I've decided to bite the bullet and get myself one! So I am just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the Isle Royale Bushcraft Pack from the UK or somewhere closer to home than the US as I'm trying to avoid the large postage fee's.

Thanks Guys!
Brian.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi guys,

So I can't hold the temptation any longer and with my birthday due soon, I've decided to bite the bullet and get myself one! So I am just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the Isle Royale Bushcraft Pack from the UK or somewhere closer to home than the US as I'm trying to avoid the large postage fee's.

Thanks Guys!
Brian.

Try HERE

ATB,
GB.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
If you order direct from frost river you will almost definitely pay import VAT too. A good rule of thumb is whatever the dollar price is expect to pay near it in pounds by the time post and customs is added.

Nice pack tho Brian. I expect a full review on the tube if you push the button

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
If you order direct from frost river you will almost definitely pay import VAT too. A good rule of thumb is whatever the dollar price is expect to pay near it in pounds by the time post and customs is added.

Nice pack tho Brian. I expect a full review on the tube if you push the button

Tell me about it Paul! gonna have to try and sort something out soon if I'm to get it for my bday lol. You can count on it aha! love the pack, absolutely perfect.
Cheers.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I really like that.

I have a few Duluth packs and simply love them to death.

I wouldnt carry any other pack on a bushcraft outing and as for canoe use there is only one type...canvas.

Go for it, you will love the way that it will change your outlook on a lot of things.

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
I really like that.

I have a few Duluth packs and simply love them to death.

I wouldnt carry any other pack on a bushcraft outing and as for canoe use there is only one type...canvas.

Go for it, you will love the way that it will change your outlook on a lot of things.

Glad you agree with me! From what I've seen they get a lot of good reviews and support. Love the idea that I'll have it my entire life, can't wait ti get it dirty aha! just need to find one without a £36 shipping fee with probably custom charges on top.

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
I have the similar one from Duluth

http://d1utkof9w2aqak.cloudfront.ne...020e43594a9c230972d/b/u/bushcrafter-khk_1.jpg

it's not as nice and I just replaced the crappy nylon straps at the side with 20 D rings for tensioning as per the one above, this one looks much nicer all round, mine is steel not brass! Wish I had this one instead, I would say they are massive but they are also not that comfy, it think they need a lot of breaking in, the back tends to sag if not filled or loaded well, bugga I wish I had this one instead

Last edited:

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
I just ditched mine, could not get on with it, would last a lifetime but a very uncomfortable and inconvenient lifetime, switched to a karrimor sabre, smaller but very comfy with loads of options for zip-ons

So if anyone wants mine it's for sale at a very reduced price (as I cut the crappy black side tensioners off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
at £224.99 ...........why?

Because they're one of the best quality, if not the best, pack out there, bulletproof, quality, a pleasure to use and not a whole lot more expensive than a sabre 45 with the pockets aswell (about £60 cheaper).

As for comfort, they are extremely comfortable if you pack them properly, soft things such as wool blanket or sleeping bag at the back and pot at the front. If you allow your bedroll to unroll inside you can place things in the hollow middle.

They are very welt bought out and very reasonably priced when considering the solid brass hardware, leather and waxed canvas aswell as the labour that goes into them. If I remember correctly Frost River only have 7 employees, but don't quote me on that. They will even customise packs for you.

Just my experience. :)

Haggis

Nomad
I live just an hour's drive north of Duluth, Minnesota, and have both Frost River and Duluth packs; I prefer Frost River packs. Frost River packs are every bit as well made, they're cheaper, and the company will customize a pack for you; very personable people the Frost River folk. I was quite downhearted when they closed some years ago, but equally delighted when the reopened. My Good Son has a Frost River Isle Royale Sr. It's a large-ish pack, I would imagine it's a load when full. I have two Duluth #3's for extended canoe trips, and I'm powerfully careful what I put in them if the portages promise to be long. If I'm walking, and the outing is not to be long, I have an older Frost River Woodsman Pack with a waist belt, for day trips, I've a Frost River Knapsack. These few are my favorites,,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE