Introductions - Hi folks, I'm Roo from the Cotswolds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi everyone and thank you for letting me become a member of this website, I'm Roo Ellis.

Firstly, I'm an Englishman, originally from East Anglia but now residing in the Cotswolds and I've had an interest in guns and shooting since anyone can remember! It was a very black day when HM Govt deided to ban handguns as that was my first love, but I've had rifles and shotguns just as long and the handgun ban is what really galvanised me into persuing more hunting and stalking opportunities as I had gotten out of the habit really since that dreaded 4-letter word (w.o.r.k.) became a factor in my life!

For clarity let me say that I have joined here for my personal benefit and education although certainly, I have a commercial interest too and have my own Hunting Agency (please feel free to PM me if you'd like details as I didn't read the rules before posting my website info - sorry) representing Outfitters in and around the Etosha Conservancy of Northern Namibia, of which I am also a member. The Etosha National park is a dedicated game reserve some 110km x 60km wide and it's filled with everything from lion to elephant and so on - my farms cover the exterior perimeter of the Etosha National Park, so if you've ever been there or read any documentation on it, that's where I represent! I also have some outfitters in S Africa and have just taken on a 5 star wing-shooting resort in Argentina filled with doves and ducks - about 21 million of them, so if you fancy a bit of that - let me know! Being English, I also represent some fine deer stalking outfitters and can source all 6 UK species, however, I'm here for my personal shooting and hunting benefit firstly!

More on me then - I've been around a bit as you'll probably have guessed, but at home I enjoy a bit of rough shooting over the fields as well as lamping for rabbit - I use an air rifle and a .22 rimfire for this, plus I do like a bit of deer stalking too and my FAC is endorsed for Estate Management, ground game and vermin control. While rough shooting is great fun, especially during pheasant and partridge season, but I'm a very keen pigeon shooter too, not to mention clay pigeon shooting, in fact, anything involving guns and shooting will generally grab my attention!

Guns - yup, i've got plenty of those too with my personal collection running from .22 to shotguns through to .375 H&H Magnum although my preferred rifle in Africa is actually my old 9.3x62 - wonderful all-round gun!

Accreditations - I've been a BASC member for years and am a member of Safari Club International.I am also a member of the Etosha Conservancy and I've acted as a mentor to new shooters on behalf of Thames Valley Police, not that I'm bragging, it just gives you a flavour.

Apart from hunting I love to fish! I also have a hound (a fat lazy staffie-cross) and I'm a keen football supporter too - Arsenal - must be a gun thing! I guess that gives you a flavour - so thanks for having me here, I'll take a look around over the next few days and hope to become an active participant on your site - so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Cheers!

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Nice intro Roo,
it was a sad day about the handgun laws, i used to own a S&W .357 magnum model 686 but sadly gave it up along with an entire reloading kit, and i really miss the shooting side of it, just got my BSA .22 supersport carbine for company now but i haven't been out to shoot with it for ages.

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy them.:cool:

Andy

Small world, I also had a 686 smith - 4 inch stainless, plus I had the GP100 Ruger in 4 inch stainless as well - looking back I must have thought I was some sot of gunslinger - lol, which explains the .357 Under-lever Winchester in my collection!

I had a Super10 from BSA - had a few issues with it so sold it for an HW100T when they came out - great rifles!

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated!

Roo
www.TheHuntingAgency.com

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Roo and welcome to bushcraft uk, good to have you and thanks for the intro, it's always good to get some info than just a name :D

Glad that you're here for personal reasons, think you're best running over the rules again so you know how things stand on commercial stuff here on bcuk, you'll also see the info on signatures and links, you can find the info here...

Enjoy the site and we'll see you about;)

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Welcome Roo, I too am a victim of the draconian British handgun laws. A beautiful Baretta 92F went the way of the scrap heap. Enjoy the site it is good.

I think if we're going to talk firearms we should not hijack this thread but start a new one in the appropriate heading.

Naw, lets talk about guns, far more interesting!

Hi folks - firstly, please let me apologise - I didn't read the rules before posting and have already broken them with my first post - My bad - I'm sorry and I've changed my signature so it won't happen again - promise.

92F - personally I had that same gun but made under license by Taurus in Brazil - a bit less refined than the Beretta but a fun gun to shoot. Not quite as much fun as my .44 Desert Eagle though - but that's a different story!

Actually, it wasn't until I bought myself a little CZ .22 Silohette with a mod and scope that my 'shooting smile' finally returned after that black day - what fun that is!

So, lets talk guns then - who's got what and what works best? Actually, I've a question should anyone here have a Howa Hogue 30-06 - what ammo do you find most accurate with it (factory ammo, not homeloads - sorry)

Cheers folks!

I think if we're going to talk firearms we should not hijack this thread but start a new one in the appropriate heading.

Naw, lets talk about guns, far more interesting!

Hi folks - firstly, please let me appologies - I didn't read the rules before posting and have already broken them with my forst post - I'm sorry and I've changed my signature so it won't happen again - promise.

92F - personally I had that same gun but made under license by Taurus in Brazil - a bit less refined than the Beretta but a fun gun to shoot. Not quite as much fun as my .44 Desert Eagle though - but that's a different story!

Actually, it wasn't until I bought myself a little CZ .22 Silohette with a mod and scope that my 'shooting smile' finally returned after that black day - what fun that is!

So, lets talk guns then - who's got what and what works best? Actually, I've a question should anyone here have a Howa Hogue 30-06 - what ammo do you find most accurate with it (factory ammo, not homeloads - sorry)

Cheers folks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE