Interesting looking knife scales.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I am just waiting on a blade blank from Dave Budd and wanted to find a nice intersting looking set of scales to decorate it with. I am by far a pro at handles but can usually Do a good job when I put my mind to it. This knife is going to end up in our kitchen so if a jobs worth doing its worth doing properly, first time!

Who has what and what do you want for them.

I am also putting a post in the swaps section as I have a reindeer hide to move on.

Chris

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hi Chris, I'm in the same situation as I've just purchased one of Dave's blades.
This website stocks a huge variety of options for blocks, scales , natural and synthetic.

http://www.knifebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Knife_Handle_Blocks-p1.html

Ive used them before they ship slowly, as it's a one man band now , but they are very helpful and reasonable in price.

At the bottom of the page you'll see all the different options regarding blanks, blocks , scales and pins etc.
Hope it helps.

No affiliation, just a haply customer. ☺

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Thanks for the responsse Leshy. My blade arrived the other day and it is a thing of beauty!

That is a gift link. There is a few bits in eBay too. I was just seeing if anyone had any unwanted intersting looking scales/blocks they didn't end up using that they wanted to sell.

I just remembered I got a box of hardwood blanks in my shed somewhere that I bought of a carpenter a couple of years back. I think I better have a rummage in there lol

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks for the responsse Leshy. My blade arrived the other day and it is a thing of beauty!

That is a gift link. There is a few bits in eBay too. I was just seeing if anyone had any unwanted intersting looking scales/blocks they didn't end up using that they wanted to sell.

I just remembered I got a box of hardwood blanks in my shed somewhere that I bought of a carpenter a couple of years back. I think I better have a rummage in there lol
No worries bud, I might have a bit of Elm burl left over somewhere..I'll dig it out if you want it.
Should be a fair lump, enough for scales.

Saying that I know it's in the shed somewhere... but no idea where...😊And it's probably very well seasoned now.
Let me know if that's of interest and I'll look for it.👍

pedrodog66

Jun 9, 2014
Dalgety Bay
What size scales you needing? I've got some elm, walnut, teak, mahogany (Brazilian I think), iroko, oak, sycamore, beech and probs a few other woods I could cut into the required size if you're interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE