Interested in opinions...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
My thoughts are....Very nice work, I like the idea of the corded handle for grip, I have very dry hands and need a good grippy surface to get a hold of something but, if its going to be used as a hunting knife, won't it be very hard to clean the handle after work, and if it can't be cleaned properly, it will hold lots of nasty bacteria, and that ain't good out in the field....

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
If its all stabalised cant you just swish it around in a bucket of soap water, or even wash and wax car stuff

Hi I like this knife, not the style I'd choose for a working knife though.

Many years ago while working on a nature reserve I looked for a utility work knife that would compliment a leatherman. I looked for function over form and most of all multi-tasking.

Anywhere local only stocked opinels and ridiculous Spanish Rambo type knives...

What I ended up doing was using an AK 47 bayonet that a pal gave me, it was too big but it took a good hammering. My ideal back then would have been a USAF pilots survival knife with a decent saw back, hammer butt, in better steel, however needs must. (I believe the latest issue one is superb)

The bayonet was a great multi tasker, I could cut ordinary fence wire with it, I really could abuse it and not worry too much, however it's one huge main drawback apart from big size was it's inability to retain any sort of cutting edge for long. But the idea stuck with me...

I do like the rope handle, great idea for when working in mud and oil etc...nice touch epoxying it...a chisel tip blade would be really useful too :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE