Instant Potato Flakes - Smash

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Do you add anything else dry to it?

If I'm keeping light it will be nuts (cashew and/or pistachio) dried fruit etc. But these days I'm rarely trying to backpack many miles a day so I'm usually happy carrying chorizo, or other dried sausage, tinned meat (chicken, ham, beef etc.), or, for the first day, mixed seafood. I also carry packs of the ready cooked rice.

I always carry a good selection of spices (as journeymen the world over have for millennia) and probably fresh ginger and garlic. So, by use of different herbs and spices, I can knock up a good 'quick version' of curry, tagine, or Eastern dish. There are much better offerings of things like tinned beef than there were not so many years ago (buy quality, not cheap) so adding spices and turning them into a tasty curry or tagine is easy.

Of course, if circumstances allow, I will buy fresh meat, fish, and veg en-route and take my time and cook properly; I enjoy camp cooking, it's part of the Zen :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE