insect bites, best healing product required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
Greater plantain (Plantago Major)

contains a natural anti-histamine, if you crush the leaves, and apply the mash to the bite, it should relieve both the itch and the swelling in short order. It also the active ingredient in many creams, and is the often given its french term on the ingredients which means 'cut hay' as its actually the smell you get when you cut the grass on your lawn

Ribwort-Plantain-Greater-Plantain.jpg

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I'm a big fan of plantain too, and squished cleavers work well for us, but that reaction sounded quite hardcore! good advice generally though :)

udamiano

On a new journey
I'm a big fan of plantain too, and squished cleavers work well for us, but that reaction sounded quite hardcore! good advice generally though :)

I agree, with acute reactions, its best to get a medical opinion, covering the bite or sting with a clean dry plaster can sometimes help to draw some of the poison, but should not be left on, the problem with bites and stings in the outdoors is always going to be secondary infection, I always carry a small bottle of either lavender or Tee-tree oil, or failing that a good anti-septic cream with me. and when possible wash the effected area with an antiseptic wipe, again not full-proof, but sometimes its the best that can be done. Normally i don't get a reaction to stings and bites, but others are not so lucky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE