Ingenious and "unlimited" green energy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
And throwing out as much light as a single LED by the looks of it.
Looks like a good project, but some way to go yet.... Good luck to them and others
involved in 3rd World projects.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
It says it puts out more light than a paraffin lamp - presumably a hurricane-lantern type, not a pressurised one!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its dead easy to make en eletricity generator that requires no fuel. I believe power companys use it now, and lie through there teeth about fossil fuels etc.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I want one! I think. But as said there are other no-fuel energy sources, e.g. flashlights that only need turning a handle, and everyone here in NL has a bike with a dynamo for the lights.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Perpetual motion, AC current generator. ;) A wind turbine without needing wind or a big daft thing to catch it. Neodymium magnets, push pull effect in a circular motion. You can build one for less than £20 EDF use it im sure they do, their logo thing is the same as what i came up with, before i even saw their logo. I believe it can be taken further too.

Generating electricity is such a simple thing. Spin a magnet inside a copper coil and voila. AC current. The trick is being able to spin the magnet, without external power or it needing to stop. 6 other magnets will sort that.;)

These gravity things work on the same principle, they just dont use magnets to spin the main one.

All a wind turbine is, is a magnet on a shaft which is spun by the wind, the magnet is within a copper coil. Which generates electricity as the north and south poles cross each others field inside the coil. Big turbines will provide more electricity than a small home built one, but then they need to power more things than a single home

How? Fission?

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Perpetual motion, AC current generator. ;) A wind turbine without needing wind or a big daft thing to catch it. Neodymium magnets, push pull effect in a circular motion. You can build one for less than £20 EDF use it im sure they do, their logo thing is the same as what i came up with, before i even saw their logo. I believe it can be taken further too.

I wish. Unfortunately you can never get more energy out of a system than you put in. Unless of course you convert matter to energy.

Why not build one if you think its do-able?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Point of order but its not the "power of gravity" that gives its power if you have to pull a cord to lift a weight up.

The stored energy was put in by a human. So its human powered, innit.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Yup. You'd be righer than Bill Gates in a week if you could manage that! ot surprisingly, however, no-one has yet managed to do it.................

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I edited my last post.

Have built one, thats why i know it works. Carved it out of wood and glued magnets on the first one, it broke but worked. Second one was metal but interfered with with the magnets, third will be titanium (non magnetic) with ceramic heat shielding round the coil as the magnets loose their power at 90 degrees. This will then be used to power a larger version with electro magnets. They can be tiered up to produce more power. A magnet will spin other magnets at thousands of RPM. if you get it right, which aint as easy as it sounds.

I wish. Unfortunately you can never get more energy out of a system than you put in. Unless of course you convert matter to energy.

Why not build one if you think its do-able?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You reckon so?........ I think they all know it, and use it, and use the fossil fuel argument to up prices. Probably patented up to death too

Yup. You'd be righer than Bill Gates in a week if you could manage that! ot surprisingly, however, no-one has yet managed to do it.................

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Here ya go, bit different from mine but you can see the potential, You could also knock up a tesla coil, free energy galore. Its a shame JP Morgan destroyed all Tesla's machines, dont want the world having energy they dont have to pay for do they :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;xR6Qait2JGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Qait2JGY[/video]

Last edited:

HWMBLT

Apr 2, 2009
Bothwell
This is a cheat! Some where in the block is a battery attached to the two nails. If you notice when he is testing the voltage from the magnet to the nail the magnet is actually touching the other nail. People have been trying for hundreds of years to produce a perpetual motion machine using magnets and failing. If it was possible the military would be using it Do you think that all the thousands of people who work for power companies would keep it secret? Think of how much money they could make?
Sorry

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
There's more to this than we know. I used to play with gyroscopes in my younger days. These too have potential, just look at some of Eric Laithwaites work (not just the linear motor). Gyroscopes set in a couple of gimbles each opposing the other, and the whole thing spinning within a larger gyroscope spinning opposite that one behave very strangely if they can all be kept spinning.
If these magnitude forces were used with them then we might have our wheels within wheels.

touched by nature

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There's more to this than we know. I used to play with gyroscopes in my younger days. These too have potential, just look at some of Eric Laithwaites work (not just the linear motor). Gyroscopes set in a couple of gimbles each opposing the other, and the whole thing spinning within a larger gyroscope spinning opposite that one behave very strangely if they can all be kept spinning.
If these magnitude forces were used with them then we might have our wheels within wheels.

touched by nature

But you have to keep them spinning. Your energy out will never be greater than energy in.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I Just found that youtube, never seen the vid before. Just an example.

You really believe though, that if they had figured out perpetual motion, and free energy, they would just announce it? Or continue to charge you and keep it hush? How much money would the energy companies lose?

This one is more along the lines how mine works

[video=youtube;27-3TKKXsm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-3TKKXsm4[/video]

This is a cheat! Some where in the block is a battery attached to the two nails. If you notice when he is testing the voltage from the magnet to the nail the magnet is actually touching the other nail. People have been trying for hundreds of years to produce a perpetual motion machine using magnets and failing. If it was possible the military would be using it Do you think that all the thousands of people who work for power companies would keep it secret? Think of how much money they could make?
Sorry

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I Just found that youtube, never seen the vid before. Just an example.

You really believe though, that if they had figured out perpetual motion, and free energy, they would just announce it? Or continue to charge you and keep it hush? How much money would the energy companies lose?

I know physics well enough to know perpetual motion just isn't possible. Energy is a tricky blighter and escapes at every opportunity. The closest thing we'll get to free energy is the sun, or a fission reactor which is a sun by any other name.

You never ever get something for nothing in this universe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE