Inflatable kayak??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
I'm looking into getting an inflatable kayak to go over to loch ba, i'm just wondering if anyone has used one and if they are any good? It would only be for light use for a fishing trip.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I have a Sevylors Tahiti (green) that I put in the Landy when we go trekking if I can't take the canoe with me. I wouldn't use it or anything but flat water on calm days but they are fun. You need to get a really good pump because you can't get them stiff enough using a standard 12v leisure pump.

Cheers,

Broch

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
As has been said they are great with no wind or current so on a nice summers day messing about on a slow river ,inshore waters or lake its all good.In fact they are great fun
Portability is another huge advantage to consider

Wind and current are killers though I bought one and tbh it was just a first step to getting back on the water.It worked though

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
On the subject of pumps, I've had an LVM high-speed pump for the best part of 30 years. Its been thrown about, left in yacht bilges, motorcycle panniers, car boots, damp garages etc etc etc. I've used it to pump up yacht inflatables, air mattresses, lilos - pretty much everything. And still works brilliantly. the current equivalent is shown on here

http://www.lvmshop.co.uk/lvm-pumps/lvm110-lvm-hi-speed-inflator-12v.htm

No connection etc, just one of the best, most reliable bits of kit I've ever owned. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
On the subject of pumps, I've had an LVM high-speed pump for the best part of 30 years. Its been thrown about, left in yacht bilges, motorcycle panniers, car boots, damp garages etc etc etc. I've used it to pump up yacht inflatables, air mattresses, lilos - pretty much everything. And still works brilliantly. the current equivalent is shown on here

http://www.lvmshop.co.uk/lvm-pumps/lvm110-lvm-hi-speed-inflator-12v.htm

No connection etc, just one of the best, most reliable bits of kit I've ever owned. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Ah, at £68 I would want it to do the job! But that is probabaly the difference in price between one that works and one that doesn't. I use a cheap pump to do the bulk then a stirrup(?) pump to get the pressure up.

Cheers,

Broch

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ah, at £68 I would want it to do the job! But that is probabaly the difference in price between one that works and one that doesn't. I use a cheap pump to do the bulk then a stirrup(?) pump to get the pressure up.

Cheers,

Broch

I think I paid about 30 quid for it in about 1980 - so that works out to about a pound a year (and it will probably outlast me and the kids)! but the speed is impressive, and pumps up yacht inflatables drum-tight. Not the quietest, but amazing quality. Also had one of their windmill generators on my boat - it happily survived the only recent two hurricanes in England in the last 30 years - one in Ipswich, and a couple of years later, one in Plymouth.

scottishpinz

Dec 30, 2010
Scotland
I have a Sevylor inflatable kayak and its brilliant for both river trips and flat water. It is a one / two person boat with movable / detachable seats. I would recommend the larger expedition boat for two heavy adults and kit though. I would caution about over inflating the tubes as I caused a leak when I tried to inflate it as hard as I would my Bombard inflatable power boat! Here is a link to the equivalent model and my boat between the icebergs in Iceland
http://www.sevylor-inflatables.co.u...port-2-kayak/0bc9cba428c3c9ae9aa9d266ce726b1d
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58263055@N08/5348291337/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE