incredible remote control helicopter skills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
The helicopter is a T rex700 electric the tail down tricks are called tick tock the other tricks are chaos inverted figure of eight ,a tail slide, those are just a few of them

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have seen lots of helo vids in the past with petrol powered jobs and thet are stunning. These new electric ones are just monsters.
Years back i played with a petrol one of my dads and a couple of electric ones and it was incredibly hard. Just getting the thing off the floor into clean air and stable never mind all those mind blowing tricks. Very talented.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Here's something to try get a sheet of glass a4 size put a dot in marker pen in the middle and try to balance a ball bearing on the dot using only one hand .
This will give you an idea of the skill required to fly one of these machines

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
here's some real life skill, rescueing a seagull caught in power lines.

2B91FC34FD06A3D0B9B27575E0AE.jpg

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Hughes 500 e nice helicopter and fast too the military has a version of this the scorpion both five bladed rotor heads very stable and agile hence being used for this type of work

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
There was an RC helicopter related death earlier this month in New York, http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/.
I saw a mate of mine hit himself with his own RC plane once, I remind him of this fact often.
The Hughes/MD 500 pictured above is for live line maintenance work, removing dead birds is part of this.
[video=youtube;9tzga6qAaBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA&gl=US[/video]
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE