I'm a Dad!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
The vixen (and her mate) that I have been feeding and treating for mange every night in our field, has given birth to 3 fluffy, fat and boisterous cubs. Mother and cubs looking very healthy (due to an exclusive diet of Tesco dog food and freshly prepped local rabbit!). :D ;)

Got to give many thanks to the National Fox Welfare Society (http://www.nfws.org.uk/ ) for all their assistance and remedies, supplied free of charge! :)

Considering she was at deaths door two months ago..the girl done good.

I know it isn't terribly relevant to many but I for one am chuffed to bits....

Just wanted to share :eek:

Sean.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Thanks guys...been walking around all day smiling like my head was hinged!! :)

Here are a few pics taken this afternoon. The cubs were playing next to the house under the Vixen's watchful eye. She has only just started growing hair on her back and tail but is looking 200% better.

Vixen_cubs.jpg

Vixen_cubs3.jpg

Vixen2.jpg

Vixen_cubs2.jpg

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Hi Ronin,

Great pictures and what an experience. Nice work- you've done a great job.
Are the foxes completely wild or will they always have to rely on your supply of food?
Moko

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Moko, the foxes are wild, I dont encourage close contact. Just need enough trust to be able to leave to food with the medication somewhere I can see them eating to ensure they are getting the dose. :) Any other food is scattered to make sure they forage for it.

They are wary of human contact and that is how it should be. :D

Can get a bit crowded on the lawn some nights. (looks like a Ray Mears shoot! :D )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE