Ikea Fire Basket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi All,

I am planning a jaunt down to Ikea at the weekend to pick up a couple of their cutlery/utensil holders for use as a hobo stove, plus one of their 4.5 tog £3 duvets for use in my Czech Army Bedroll thingy and I was checking out the website when I stumbled upon...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00262898/

Has anyone seen or used one of these? Looking at the zoomed photo it seems to bolt together so it could pack down flat for carrying in a pack. Looks intriguing.

Cheers,
Matt.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
They do a 12 tog one for a fiver, but I was thinking that if I got the thinner £3 version I could slide it between the blanket and the liner in the Czech bedroll for extra warmth without it bulking up what is already a huge package too much.

Jun 10, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
I bought a Summit Collapsible BBQ from my local general store place. It weighs in at 1.46kg, packed in its bag its 30x20x4cm. Not had a chance to try it out yet but looks like it will be perfect little fireplace.

It's not bad (looks exactly like the one I got from Cotswold Camping). The bottom plate warped a bit on it's first use but was easily bent back into shape. The leg setup is a bit counterintuitive so worth a quick set up in advance. Not bad for a cheap and cheerful BBQ, certainly a lot better than the single use, pre fuelled things you get from petrol stations.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE