Ideas for retired fire hose please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have acquired three rolls of retired fire hose. Looks pretty old so I’m not sure it wouldn’t leak under pressure. Seems a shame not to repurpose it somehow as it is pretty much bomb proof & likely has centuries of life left in it!!
Any ideas? Would you like some? If so drop me a message but it’s too heavy to post so you’d need to be near the lakes.
Cheers, Simon35182E86-2896-420A-862F-41000D330B50.jpeg

Reactions: TeeDee

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just been watching an Irish fellow make a 'booknook' miniature (really smart :) ) but in the list of his other videos is one where he makes keyrings from old firehoses.
Apparently the stuff cuts cleanly, is really strong, will take rivets well and the edge fibres burn off neatly using a lighter. Really secure keyring with this stuff.

Only thing is though, I reckon one fire hose would make, oh, maybe 10,000 keyrings !

M

• Haha
Reactions: plastic-ninja

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I've just been watching an Irish fellow make a 'booknook' miniature (really smart :) ) but in the list of his other videos is one where he makes keyrings from old firehoses.
Apparently the stuff cuts cleanly, is really strong, will take rivets well and the edge fibres burn off neatly using a lighter. Really secure keyring with this stuff.

Only thing is though, I reckon one fire hose would make, oh, maybe 10,000 keyrings !

M
At least that I should think!

wookii

Jul 12, 2021
Surrey, UK
Thinking along the same lines as the gorilla hammock.... could you weave with it?

Wonder if a woven & riveted Coracle type vessel would float or just be a complete disaster?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE