I want sticky camping...not slippy camping!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Note, the design of the exped synmat 7UL has the two outer tubes larger than the inner ones, so that you have a lower chance of falling off the side.

J

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
We have used in the past a roll of gripping lace pattern cupboard matting. This is the same that you would use in your dish cupboard, light and gripping stows well.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Therm-A-Rest make both covers for their mats ...

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/en/therm-a-rest/pillows-and-bedding/universal-sheet/product

Lightweight camp beds ...

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/en/therm-a-rest/cots/category

I've yet to use one of the beds, but I rate the covers highly. I use one for cycle touring in conjunction with one of their down blankets.

Sent from my  iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I have the mesh cot, and its very comfortable indeed, even on non-level ground.

racer66

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
london
Yes I feel the same, a combination of exped mat and a slippy bag mean sliding ahoy. Like the idea of the seam sealant, as it does have a tacky feel. Will have to apply some to my roll mat underside and top. Thanks for the thread.

ade02uk

Mar 1, 2014
Bellshill, Scotland
I have the very same problem of slipping off my mat. I recently bought a 3cm self inflating mat from home bargains for £9.99, added some thin lines of clear silicone sealant to both sides and hey presto, no more sliding around. I used screwfixes cheapest clear silicone, about £3 a tube I think(had it a while), didn't cut the end of the nozzle and used a zig zag accross the width about 6 inches apart. Work great and doesn't add appreciable weight to the mat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE