I need to go shopping big style after a vehicle theft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
Well chaps I did something Silly.

I went for a walk yesterday leaving my GB carving axe, del stubbs carving and crooked knives and a load of other gear in my car. I was on my way to do a demo and I only stopped for a half hour leg stretch.

Long story short when I got back the boot was empty all except for one of my german para boots. The Buggers took 1 boot and not the other.

What I need to know is are there any cheap [read second hand if possible] sources of GB carving axes and decent carving knives I can look at because I can't actually live without this kit, I need it to do my
demos etc.

Anyone who sees a scally with a GB carving axe and one para boot on send them my way me and the chainsaw want a word!!

Rant over

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I feel your pain in fact you are remarkably pragmatic

Having conducted some research and owning one of his carving knives I would look at Ben Orford http://www.benorford.com/CarvingTools.aspx as a potential replacement for the Del Stubbs carving knives

as for the axe you will just have to look around for the best price my first port of call would be Lakeland Bushcraft but I am sure someone can point you to the best place I use Wetterlings myself

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
That is an absolutely tragic story, if anything like that happened to me, I would simply curl up on the ground and cry and then be very angry. My condolences.

outdoorpaddy

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
the Kit is most likely under insurance yes but getting values of goods nicked pinned down is going to be difficult and in the short term I am looking at a replace now and get the insurance money when it comes through approach

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
That's gutting, sorry for your loss mate :( Made me think though, as I probably do the same thing fairly often. I leave all kinds of tools in the back of my estate, covered with a tarp but still.... I will definitely be heeding your cautionary tale

+1 on Ben Orford knives too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE