I have been making again, kuksa, spoons, spreaders.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi all

I have had the sharps out again...

Small kuksa
feb27001n.jpg

feb27004m.jpg

feb27030b.jpg

Cherry spoon
feb27021f.jpg

feb27024e.jpg

feb27025d.jpg

feb27028c.jpg

Birch spoon
feb27016h.jpg

feb27020g.jpg

Cherry spreader
feb27014j.jpg

feb27015i.jpg

Birch spreader
feb27005l.jpg

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Beautifully crisp Mark,

I am assuming they are sanded? but you must have been very close with the tools to keep such nice lines, is so easy to overdo it and blur everything.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi Nic

Keeping busy?

Beautifully crisp Mark,
I am assuming they are sanded? but you must have been very close with the tools to keep such nice lines, is so easy to overdo it and blur everything.
I do get pretty much a tooled finish but I do like a sanded finish and the sanded finish does seem to sell better.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Hi Nic

Keeping busy?

I do get pretty much a tooled finish but I do like a sanded finish and the sanded finish does seem to sell better.

Hi Mark,

Always seem to be busy at the moment, which is good.
The tooled v's sanded finish debate always intrigues me at seems to be such a badge of honour for greenwood workers and yet they almost universally agree that the buying public prefer a sanded finish. As I don't sell my work it is of only academic interest but the parallels between this and forged v's ground ironwork are very much relevant to me.

Great work and as ever great photography.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I have a split birch log nice and green in a placcy bag.

My next project is my first kuksa; that is the standard to aspire to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE