I got bored

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I had a group in the woods last weekend and the poor chaps were plumb tuckered out by 8:30pm and turned in for the night. So I figured I'd retire to the workshop for a little pottering before bed.

I ended up decorating my new personal chopper. I have named it "The Procrastinator"

I fitted a couple of 3mm mosaic pins (copper, brass and silver), green tritium glow in the dark phial and a little copper wire inlay. Next time I get bored I might do an inlay of scrinmshawed bone on the other side. Or maybe a cast pewter butt. Or maybe some filework to the head. Or maybe some more decoration to the sheath.....

:lmao:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
No reason it shouldn't be pretty as well as functional. Thats lovely :)
Bet you often kill off your pupils early on.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
just friction holds it in place. You chisel a slot, hammer a bit of flat wire in and then swell the wood back into place with some water and heat :) I've done little bits into finer grained woods (like cherry and boxwood) for jewelry, but this was the first time with ash; the grain is a bit of a pain in that the chisel cuts and wire don't always go where the pencil line went!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's lovely in both form and function Mr Bud. Really like it. I like it at the level of decoration it is, but she's yours and you should do as you please. You've not gone wrong so far.

Cheers for posting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE