Hurricane Lantern Holder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Ive recently resurrected a couple of old hurricane lamps - i would like to take one out to try overnight. Are there any padded covers suitable you know about? Ive tried a couple of bottle insulators but the lantern is to big. Thanks.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
Get a cheap sleep mat ( £3-4 ) and some gaffer tape and make one . Then get some alu tape from the poundshop and make some pot cosies etc etc .
Trev .

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Well i actually ended up using an old insulated packup container. Zip all round and with a carry handle/shoulder strap, i stumbled across it in the garage. Fits nicely so job done tho i do have some offcuts of sleeping mat..............

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I like these lanterns but, they can leak if tipped so an idea for you. If you have fuel left, unscrew the wick assembly and put in small ziplock back, and cut an old wine cork to size and use as a bung in the lantern for when on the move.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE