Hunting wih Foxes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Heard a report on the radio this morning that several hunts are going to release their dogs into the wild rather than destroy them due to the ban.

One hunt master said the plan was for the dogs to go feral, living by hunting down hikers and tourists until enough foxes could be raised and trained to hunt them. Hunting with foxes would be perfectly legal!

Sound plan? :shock:

Right or wrong all I can think of is the damage done by those ignorant fools who realeased the mink into the New Forest and I have to ask myself why does man keep messing with the balance which it then takes mother nature 100's of years to redress?

leon-1

Gary, as you know I am from a rural area, hunting with hounds is quite acceptable down here, wether I agree with it or not, but maintaining hounds is costly, as would having them destroyed or trying to re-home them. I can see his point, but don't agree with him, it is a shock tactic.

The major question is what can you now do with the hounds??? The other people that had steady incomes due to hunts, farriers and smiths, what will they do????

I am not a hunt fan, but can see the implications of what is happening. They should of thought it through before hand.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Leon I dont think it was a real report but as you say - thinking it out is something that has not been done. All those campaigning to save the odd fwuffy likele foxe will have the blood of thousands of dogs on their hands just as those who freed the mink had the destruction of almost every form of small wild life in the new forest on theirs. :yikes:

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
The dogs can't be rehomed anyway, once they're past what's considered their useful working life they're shot or put down it's just a matter of time.
I'm glad to see hunting with hounds banned and the blood of dogs on my conscience is not a problem, if people aren't prepared to maintain the dogs for drag hunts, they like the people who claim they will have their horse put down if they can't hunt foxes deserve nothing more than to be ignored.

I have no problem with killing foxes, it's how it's done, the current method is no different from badger baiting or dog fighting.
I'm not a bunny hugger - I'll happily kill and eat animals and I have no problem with animal research it's all just a question of the mode of their 'usage'
I have sabotaged hunts before by unblocking earths - purely when I've come across them whilst out and about and I'll continue to do so.

Idiots who release farmed animals into the wild however might make an interesting substitute for foxes.....

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
A spokesman for the Borsetshire Royal Chicken Hunt - Kenneth Ponsonby-Wetherinton - is quoted as saying:

"Chicken hunting is part of the countryside tradition, something not appreciated by townsfolk. What they fail to realise is that Chickens are a menace. They break into our farms, maliciously enter our fox hutches and kill all the vixens. Not only that, what about the hamsters? Chicken hunting hamsters are not domestic animals and cannot be rehomed with families. If the ban comes into force we will have to have them erradicated - probably with high explosives. Do all the rabid anti-chicken hunting fanatics want bits of thousands of exploded hamsters on their conscience?"

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Womble, you need help....

So much help....

Chicken eating hamsters are mis-understood creatures and the quote you have chosen was obviously from someone seriously misinformed.

:shock:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Sorry much as i would like to really make things silly,and you know i can :shock: but Gary I have this mental image of the local dog warden leggin it from a pack of ferral hounds! :rolmao: now that i would like to see :rolmao: anyway chickens :roll: :wave:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Kim said:

Chicken eating hamsters are mis-understood creatures and the quote you have chosen was obviously from someone seriously misinformed.

:shock:

How could that possibly be? After all He's a member of the aristrocracy (apperantly his uncle's a bishop, but we won't go there - his uncle can't anymore; the restraining order was quite specific...) and they've been hunting chickens with hamsters for millennia.

Anyway, it must be true, it was in the Guardian!

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Gary, your thread seems to be gaining momentum in an extraordinary way! But it kind of illustrates your point, when one extreme point is made people tend to react in the same way with other extremes (sometimes very humourous ones - very nice Womble) which then turns any argument into just a series of increasingly fantastical what if's...

and if those fantastical what if's are acted upon by people who basically haven't got a clue and don't think past the actual deed they're doing, then we end up with mink eating lots of little creatures, ferral hounds chasing the Queen's corgies and chicken eating hamsters on the loose!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Very true Kim.

As a point i am not pro-hunting nor am I anti it in any shape or form. I enjoy shooting and I eat what I shoot no matter what it is, Magpie, Rabbit whatever- and if they banned my form of hunting I'd still go out and do it.

However I just thought the report was amusing. :rolmao: and thought I'd share it with everyone.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
You could even say you were a 'sitting on the fence' kind of a guy, but the last time I saw you sitting on anything, (something resembling a small stool I seem to remember) you were in the process of falling of it...

:eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

:You_Rock_

You're a legend!!!

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
more like a leg end :rolmao: :rolmao: i loved the story Gary :You_Rock_ and the soil was unstable under that stool, and you sprung up with ninja like reflexes. mind you i was looking at you thru my beer goggles :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE