Humongous Yield On Small Plot!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
1506769_10152401740627875_3438185190984328167_n.jpg

Wow this is amazing…small space , huge output of yummy food!

via https://www.offgridworld.com/category/blog/

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Crtofting, very labour intensive, but maybe that's what we need for a balance on earth rather than just turning everything to agriculture. Food should be more expensive anyway, maybe more people would go into agriculture, rather than relying on migrant workers, lots of pesticides and no wildlife. It's a necessity of life after all.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
And there's the fun of buying up cheap pumpkins after Halloween and sneaking into your mates garden and filling the pumpkin patch with them. He was slightly aghast at the overnight success when he opened the curtains the next day!:eek:

The weren't wasted, we had them, roasted, as soup, as pie, as mash...

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I love halloween....I buy 20-30 pumpkins from tesco for around £10-£15ish, and then chop and freeze it for later. Or I steam and blend it to a pulp so I have a base for many many soups!

Pumpkin based soups are brilliant and makes a tasty replacement to onions in curries and the like.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The pictures of their garden are certainly inspiring, however folks behind it are not as pleasant as they might seem. Anyone who had a youtube account, web page or facebook profile that used the words 'urban' and 'homestead' risked running afoul of takedown notices and legal action after the family behind urbanhomstead.org claimed a trademark and aggressively pursued anyone using those words on their sites.

More here.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The pictures of their garden are certainly inspiring, however folks behind it are not as pleasant as they might seem. Anyone who had a youtube account, web page or facebook profile that used the words 'urban' and 'homestead' risked running afoul of takedown notices and legal action after the family behind urbanhomstead.org claimed a trademark and aggressively pursued anyone using those words on their sites.

More here.

Has no one proved prior use?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Has no one proved prior use?

Well, you'd think as there are many examples of such, but know, they were given the trademark.

You can read a little more about the history of this here.

Theirs is an impressive feat, the garden looks fabulous, their treatment of like minded folks seems a little off though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well, you'd think as there are many examples of such, but know, they were given the trademark.

You can read a little more about the history of this here.

Theirs is an impressive feat, the garden looks fabulous, their treatment of like minded folks seems a little off though.

You'd think the prior use of the word in legal documents would suffice. The Homestead Act of 1862 comes to mind. As does the Urban Renewal Program from the 1960s. Even with the trademark having been granted, I doubt it will stand legal scrutiny; more likely a judgment would be levied against the trademark office itself than against Congress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE