How to fell a tree with hand tools.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
You should take a visit to UK building sites... You need to wear Hi-viz jackets, Helmets, goggles, gloves, steel toe capped and midsole-protection boots, long trousers and long sleeved shirts indoors as well as outdoors just to look at something these days...Otherwise you get banned from the site. It's just the way of the world.

This is one of the reasons I have said bump cap, it meets the requirements of the hard hat on a building site. My steel supplier requires the same ppe just to turn up to collect some metal.

J

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
This is one of the reasons I have said bump cap, it meets the requirements of the hard hat on a building site. My steel supplier requires the same ppe just to turn up to collect some metal.

J

I've seen bump caps refused use on some sites...

When I was RAF College Cranwell a few years back all the photo's on the walls of recruits training had them in blue plastic "builders" helmets, and not their issued Kevlar helmets, the reason was that at the time Kevlar helmets didn't have a BS Kitemark...Therefore not to be used when training.

A lot of places will refuse to allow kit that hasn't got the appropriate BS number. I guess that we now have the appropriate BS numbers on "bump caps" that weren't there a few years back.

I guess the insurance companies are the ones who will make the final decisions as to what they think is appropriate for use on building sites.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
All the bump caps I've seen are a very basic skull cap set up. Hard hats are thicker plastic with internal suspension rather than just a piece of foam like a cycle helmet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE