How to dispose of an old tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I have a family tent that needs to be gone from this house. As is, it’s not usable and was replaced due to damage. The shell is mostly good and there’s a lot of it.

Is there anyway to dispose of it that’s a bit more ethical than sending it to landfill?

I will likely save everything else apart from the outer as spares for the replacement but the mass of fabric is to go somewhere….

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Depends on the material and the fabric. I had a parachute wrecked in storms this winter but there's a lot of intact fabric that will make a nice clamshell type wind shelter.

Are there any sections that could just be used as a tarp to create extra sitting space for family camping? Think big before you start cutting it up :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Tarps is a good idea too but I’m largely ok for them myself. I certainly don’t need one for the new tent - it has a porch that works as a awning if needed and the others I have work ok.

I suppose I had mainly been thinking if there was somewhere sensible to offload it but maybe not if I’m cutting up for bags, etc myself. I remember seeing a company that would take punctured pvc swimming pool inflatables - they would then turn it into beach bags and the like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE