How not to organise an FAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
I mentioned my personal/travel first aid kit in someone else’s thread so I thought I’d take some pictures. The reason I am posting it is that it shows how much you can squash things in (as you can see it’s not much bigger than a rolled up pair of socks), but that means accepting that it’s more of a blow out kit than to dip in and out of for an expedition. It definitely won’t be for everyone.
On my key ring I do have another pair of gloves and another CPR face shield and in my wallet a few plasters, couple of steri strips, various wipes and some basic non prescription meds. So whilst it’s a pretty standard kit it’s definitely not optimised for organisation. The only good thing is the top part has the minor dressings plasters wipes gloves etc so I can get to them without needing to solve one of those puzzle boxes to get it all back in. I do also have a an aloksack to put it in but in all honestly I seldom bother. There is a kit marker on the zip pulls so I can find them easier in the dark.
I actually have 3 of these; this one is to throw in a bag when out and about in remote places or for personal travelling. One lives in the passenger compartment of my car (I do have a slightly more Gucci kit in the boot) and the third is in my work kit bag. There are only minor differences. The work kit one has lots of knuckle and finger plasters, the in car one has a rescue me on the zip.
OK so depite all the downsides I can cram in various plasters (inc blister), a few 2x2 s and 4x4s, some tape, moleskin, povi wipes Neosporin medi lyte and bite relief, Sheers, gloves, a CPR barrier, Quikclot gauze, triangular bandage, gaffer tape, crepe bandage, tourniquet, Izzy bandage, FFD, a med pack, tweezers, catheter with a povi swab, NP airway, surgilube, a chest seal, steripod and couple of safety pins.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE