How many nights camping out in 2011?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
3 so far (I think), plus two nights ago I went out for an overnighter with the dog in tow, but despite making him a nice shelter with his favourite blanket and so forth, he wimped out and made a nusiance of himself until I gave it up just after midnight and went home. I think he's showing his age. I ended up sleeping in a sleeping bag on the living room floor, rather than wake SWMBO, as she had slept poorly the night before.

Shame, because I had gone with my lighter sleeping bag (first use) and minimal kit - just a bivi bag and no tarp. There was a full moon, I was toasty warm, and really comfortable... and the dog kept coming over and pawing at my face and whining.

Next time he stays behind.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Fourteen, now :) Went out with the intention of trying the 15 or less challenge, but some pals came along and there was most definately mor e than 15 items :rolleyes: Might try and squeeze one more in before the end of the month

E

ex member coconino

It feels odd to be home this weekend! I'm sorting out my bivi today (trying to restore its proofing, it's a bit sponge-like at the moment) and that's making me miss even more being outdoors. Still, got another weekender coming up soon at a lovely spot where we cut a lot of ash last year, so there'll be plenty of good seasoned wood for a big fire.

Is it okay to admit here that I was on the sofa in my sleeping bag yesterday?

E

ex member coconino

Brockwell last night makes two.

Brockwell is the name of my local park, between Brixton, Tulse Hill and Herne Hill. I know there are people who overnight in there, but I'm not sure I'd want to meet them! The other Brockwell sounds much more like it.

E

ex member coconino

+2=12, Berkshire downs, lovely weather, lovely friends, bivvied under the stars, awoke to birdsong, walked the woods, filled heart with peace, however briefly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE