How did you spend your Sunday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Spent mine in the forest trying to keep up with my son and his pony .Weather was great and came across about twenty fallow deer, two foxs and more squirells than i cared to count. Got back to the stables at dusk to a cloudless sky and was entertained by the aerobatics of a couple of bats. must say it was one of the best days out this year.

TOBY.jpg

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Spent mine walking around our local river with the dogs and stopped off in a small copse to gather some pine roots for cordage. Weather was awesome here too and the sunset was cool - roll on summer!

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Took SWMBOs 13 year old black labrador for a long walk at a private fly fishing lake! (Private to fish, public to walk)

I found a little spot right by the waters edge, sat on my inflatable mat (which seems to have a puncture... :( ) and made a brew using my new Alpkit mug and Crusader cooker.

After Jewels shook water and hair off of herself and onto me and the brew, she then knocked the mug off the cooker with her big fat tail! :rolleyes:

Was out of water so I used the lake water and boiled it up good. She played in the lake for about an hour, and was exhausted afterwards! I'll take the shorter walk for her next time, and bring more water! :lmao:

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Hiraeth - that's a lovely shaggy little pony your son has :D

I had a bizarre day. I spent most of Sunday morning over an extended breakfast talking to the folk behind Spyderco knives about what's wrong with the world. I was so impressed - they are really lovely people who care so much about their business, their employees and their customers as well as life in general! I then spent most of the afternoon in a small back room in a pub rammed full of folk off BB and their blades :eek:

JohnL

Forager
Nov 20, 2007
West Sussex
I did a paper round early AM,
Then a running race at southwater, near Horsham. Hard work, came about fifteenth out of about three hundred.(I think)
Then slept in the sun for most of the afternoon.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nothing remotely bushcrafty for me i`m afraid, painting ceilings and walls all day. Earned a few brownie points though to save up for my next night out.

Couldn`t get to sleep at bedtime though so I got up again and watched the first three episodes of Wild Food then woke up on the sofa at 5 o`clock this morning.

Rich

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
I went for a walk round the local woods I've just discovered (yay!) then around the fields.. Got locked out of the house so had to make a fire outside with my new flint and steel abilities!

Oh and Wayland funny you went to Blea Tarn specifically - I was browsing round google earth and pinpointed that exact place as a good spot to go.. Can you camp there? Looks beautiful :p

I did some gardening and downloaded my holiday photos from last week.
here is a set my 6 year old did on his own, I'm very impressed.
Tebay08016.jpg

Tebay08017.jpg

Tebay08018.jpg

Here is a couple of mine.
Tebay08054.jpg

Tebay08064.jpg

I cant believe this weather were having just now, Beautiful sunsets which I cant seem to capture with my camera.

Bodge

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
We went for a walk along the local burn with our companion Long Stride.

burnuy7.jpg

Japanese Knotwood seems to be taking over

gypsnowdroput1.jpg

Gypsy smelling the Snowdrops

gypjumpho8.jpg

Plenty of fallen trees to jump

leia1ui1.jpg

A run around in the woods for Leia

burrsys5.jpg

A close up of Burdock ( Burrs ) Check out the hooks - no wonder they stick to everything
Especially our coats :rolleyes:

heronhl1.jpg

A Heron

wagtailnp6.jpg

Grey Wagtail - even though its got a yellow belly

chinookts6.jpg

Something else that flies - but is a bit noisier, a Chinook

All in all a fine few hours outdoors on a lovely unseasonably warm February day.:)

Gypsy and Leia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE