How did you get here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
You want the full SP? You did ask!

I have been a member of "primitive" (a yahoo group) for 2-3 years. It is a good forum, mostly frequented by our American colleagues and the best I had found on primitive skills at that time. I learned both bow and hand drilling, and flint and steel over that time with their gentle encouragement. Back in June this year in a discussion on tinder fungi I did a search on King Alfred Cakes and sparks. I got a hit on bushcraftuk. At first I took it to be an old archive (there are a few on the net) of stuff discussed years ago on various forums. But I realised my mistake when I saw that the date was within the last year or so. A little investigation soon revealed that BCUK was by far the most active forum on stuff that interested me. I signed up then and there.

However, that was not the end of the story as something went amiss with my joining up. Umpteen emails and letters later I was still not sorted up to 3 months later. Finally I cracked it with some jiggory pokery with home email address changes and signing up again as a new member under a different name.

So, strictly speaking I got here twice, and my first post was "Long road to get here".

And there is another me that should be deleted sometime.

Did anyone else have an problems along the way?

Peewit

Oct 26, 2005
Berkshire
Hello,

Thanks for all the replies about landing here. Looking for knives, firemaking, looking for something UK related, personal recomendation, and many other reasons - or just arriving accident.... Anyway, we all seem satisfied with our connection. I am amazed at the info I have collected and my browser it 'bookmark heavy'. I used my original searched for recipie for UKBC Bannocks again yesterday!

Best regards,

Peewit.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Had the idea of asking Mr. Mears (Woodlore) to consider running an autumn "IN THE WOODS" fungi identification workshop and ended up here first. If it had not been that I'm sure my love of custom knifes would have got me here too at some point.

Cheers

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE